Slow day off portarlington

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Slow day off portarlington

Post by Nude up » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:31 pm

Headed out this morning squid and flathead the target, launched at point Richards car park 75 % full. As I headed towards indented head plenty of boats in the steam packet channel and judging from the scales at the boat ramp someone must have got onto some snapper .
84D1BCB3-A9D6-4367-B454-CA4DD2A68846.jpeg
I drifted for several hours making multiple passes at various depths for 2 squid 1 being reasonable. I went up to governor reef nothing but reef fish.
I headed back to portarlington and drifted in around 10 metres a few under 30 cm thrown back with 2 keepers I think I might go to queenscliff tomorrow.
F2F76301-E0A8-4BFB-8C9D-50514A19392E.jpeg

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Re: Slow day off portarlington

Post by e.welch » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:55 pm

Better then donuts

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:03 pm

I heard it was a quiet day today, I'm a little surprised with the squid seeing how clear the water is.
Fortnight ago all you could get were big 30CM+ hoods, but since Monday there are smaller 20CM+ around amongst the larger ones. They should be back on soon.

Well done!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:39 pm

Tough day! You might need to refer back to volume 2 of Nude Ups Secret Spots ol’ mate! Haha. But let’s face it, sometimes just being out there is a win in itself, irrespective what hits the deck :)
Great to hear you’re getting that boat wet! Curious to know, although I understand you love your frogs & cala, are you tempted to sit in the deep for a gumbo or a red?

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:39 pm
Tough day! You might need to refer back to volume 2 of Nude Ups Secret Spots ol’ mate! Haha. But let’s face it, sometimes just being out there is a win in itself, irrespective what hits the deck :)
Great to hear you’re getting that boat wet! Curious to know, although I understand you love your frogs & cala, are you tempted to sit in the deep for a gumbo or a red?
Hi red hunter am not one for hitting the water at 4am I do have plans when it warms up a bit to fish more into the evening and do more offshore work.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”