2 Good trips today

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
denis barden

2 Good trips today

Post by denis barden » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:37 pm

Out at 0700 in at 0900 26 Gars from near the St Leonards Pier
Out at 1400 in at 1700 20 Big Whiting from near the Green Stick just out from the St Leonards Boat Ramp

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Re: 2 Good trips today

Post by fishnut » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:33 am

Hey Db were the gars any decent size?

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:20 am

Medium size

Fishstix
Has liked: 22 times

Post by Fishstix » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 pm

Gday Lads, first time poster here. I’ve been reading all of your posts regarding whiting around the St Leonard’s area and finding some great information so thanks for that!

Me and a mate are going to give it a shot tomorrow morning and I was wondering what time of day is best for whiting? We were going to have a crack at the squid too so I’m wondering whether to target the squid first and then whiting or would we be improving our chances with the whiting to go as early as possible.

Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks lads

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:24 pm

Fishstix wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 pm
Gday Lads, first time poster here. I’ve been reading all of your posts regarding whiting around the St Leonard’s area and finding some great information so thanks for that!

Me and a mate are going to give it a shot tomorrow morning and I was wondering what time of day is best for whiting? We were going to have a crack at the squid too so I’m wondering whether to target the squid first and then whiting or would we be improving our chances with the whiting to go as early as possible.

Squid have been a little tough this week with a large amount of sediment in the water, normally they've been coming into the pier within 30mins of last light but they've just got been around. Friend couldn't manage any in the boat today, dunno! haha
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:15 pm

Fishstix wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 pm

[/quote

Last 2 hours of daylight the best for whiting from a boat, not sure about land based

Fishstix
Has liked: 22 times

Post by Fishstix » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:19 am

Thanks lads, We were out early so end of the day wasn't an option for us but it sounded like that was the best time. Fished St Leonards from about 8 til 12 and got donuts. Water was quite murky compared to the other side of the bay near Sorrento. No one was catching anything. Couldn't even find any squid. But managed to get a good bag of flatties near mud Island on the way home so had a good day in the end.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”