Griffin Gully jetty, report

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
McGOOLEY
Has liked: 71 times

Griffin Gully jetty, report

Post by McGOOLEY » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:36 pm

Hi everyone, I was at GG on Sunday but had no luck; low tide and using a hand line I wasn't expecting too much it was like fishing into a puddle, depth about 6ft a couple of other guys using rods to cast out but they had no luck either, that made me feel a bit better ha! over 2 hrs and nobody even got a bite a bit of drama though I was bending over and my brand new $25 BCF straw hat fell in, not a problem, the tide started to turn and eventually it washed up on the beach ( if you can call it that ) more like mud bank but trying to retrieve it meant walking through mud and weed and every step sinking deeper it was like quicksand but luckily a young chap came along and retrieved it on his third cast, I was so gratefull I promised him $5 next time I see him, anyway a beautiful day and great to be outside fishing at the end of a pier or trying too. note, the locals know this but it is a very hard jetty to find, a concealed downward sloping driveway off the Esplanade and no signage at all, the entrance runs down into a small carpark about ( 30 ) M-F 9am til 5.30 is 2 hrs all other times and days free. bye for now. :ft: :wt:

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Re: Griffin Gully jetty, report

Post by Andrews » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:47 am

ah sometimes the fishing is just like that!
Just nice getting out sometimes!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:01 am

I used to work close to that place, have seen good catches. But yeah, someday just hard.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:51 pm

That pier is my first preferernce if i were to fish a Geelong pier,when the water clarity gets better. Caught squid there once even i thought no way,and huge Garfish,and as i mentioned on an earlier post ,Whiting 41cm and 42cm.There is also another small pier before that one ,and there is a resterant just behind that pier, Same thing good fishing at dusk onwards to even 2am.Tides have never worried me,and a bit of wind is good too.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:07 pm

Nice first report mate 😃
Hopefully you get onto some fish next time!
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”