Cunningham pier 4/11/2019

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: Cunningham pier 4/11/2019

Post by Kenle » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:40 pm

Was at the pier last week, parked there just to see what everyones catching, big Russian man walked up to me and says I gotta buy a ticket or get a fine. I left, but did see people catching lots of silver whiting and some nice warhou trevally. The piers privately owned, wish I owned my own pier lol

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:12 am

Kenle wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:40 pm
Was at the pier last week, parked there just to see what everyones catching, big Russian man walked up to me and says I gotta buy a ticket or get a fine. I left, but did see people catching lots of silver whiting and some nice warhou trevally. The piers privately owned, wish I owned my own pier lol
Yeah, been a few reports of good silver whiting & snotties being caught.
Queenscliff Marina is for sale if you've got a spare 30M to spent haha.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

McGOOLEY
Has liked: 71 times

Post by McGOOLEY » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:03 am

bowl wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:42 pm
gregmaka wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:53 am
It's a great pier with deep water ,pitty about the parking fees.Grab some top salted Blue bait from Mario's and you never know what you catch.
I went there today....but they wanted 12 bucks for parking ...bugger that
Gooday Bowl, I too was at Cunningham pier yesterday jan 6 at about 2pm and I paid $zero, over the last few weeks I have walked the pier several times and talked to several fisherman who are all telling me the same thing no parking fees unless there is a special event and I have checked many car dashboards looking for paper dockets and saw nothing, Bowl I am not disputing what you say, maybe you know something I don't, I do know the pier not just the restaurant cafe is privately owned and the traffic bylaws officers do not enter as for the surrounding carparks yes they charge like a wounded bull, I am sure I pressed the button on the machine once and it flashed up ' how much have you got ' ha! as for me I would rather walk 5k than pay 5c. c :wt:

McGOOLEY
Has liked: 71 times

Post by McGOOLEY » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:27 am

gregmaka wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:17 pm
I wonder what the water clarity is like there at the moment.I never caught whiting on that pier,but the one before CunningHam,iwas catching nice 41 and 42 cm fat ones.
Gooday Gregmaka, question if I may, the one before Cunningham are you referring to Griffin Gully jetty, thanks. :wt:

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:54 am

I think so its the one where you drivedown a steepish hill.Left hand side of the pier was always my best pick.

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”