altona pier at nigth

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

altona pier at nigth

Post by bowl » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:13 pm

is it safe to fish solo at night was thinking of going around 11.30 tonight :rough:
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Tomcat1

Re: altona pier at nigth

Post by Tomcat1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:41 pm

just keep a good sharp fillet knife with ya lol.
i have never fished altona pier so not really sure mate. but you never know even the safest places to go can get the occasional idiot that will come along. so i always keep a sharp fillet knife close by.

Noxcus

Post by Noxcus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 pm

I always go there People there are generally good iv met some really good asian fellas there, the only thing is on hot nights theres sometimes drunks but thats about it

FishSamFish

Post by FishSamFish » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:just keep a good sharp fillet knife with ya lol.
i have never fished altona pier so not really sure mate. but you never know even the safest places to go can get the occasional idiot that will come along. so i always keep a sharp fillet knife close by.
*two sharp filleting knives.

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:07 am

I've been there a couple time. People generally are good.

Only time I hate the place is when bunch of old local are there. THey seem to just cast over you using 12" rod (even though no tangle to me), but it will make it really difficult for me to wind in and cast out again, because I will end up tangle his line.
One other time, an old fisho there had 4 hand line with in. He just insert himself between fisho and swirl and threw out the line far. No tangle, once once he cast out, he grab another handline and do the same @ different part of fishing platform. When others on the platform not sick of him and pack up and left, he jsut pull his line in and then occupied the whole platform with his 4+ hand line.......And sometimes he will cast different direction over other people's line..... which is rediculous....

ingeer

Post by ingeer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:27 pm

CrazyChenski wrote:I've been there a couple time. People generally are good.

Only time I hate the place is when bunch of old local are there. THey seem to just cast over you using 12" rod (even though no tangle to me), but it will make it really difficult for me to wind in and cast out again, because I will end up tangle his line.
One other time, an old fisho there had 4 hand line with in. He just insert himself between fisho and swirl and threw out the line far. No tangle, once once he cast out, he grab another handline and do the same @ different part of fishing platform. When others on the platform not sick of him and pack up and left, he jsut pull his line in and then occupied the whole platform with his 4+ hand line.......And sometimes he will cast different direction over other people's line..... which is rediculous....

Well, i guess sometimes you need to talk to them in a way that let them know you are not happy with this..

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”