Wading Moorpanyal Beach

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Wading Moorpanyal Beach

Post by Joker91 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:32 pm

Got some waders a couple of days ago from anaconda for $59 and thought I better use them at least once while I have the motivation hahaha.

It was a late decision to go and with the westerly winds, we headed down to Moorpanyal Beach. We were in the water for about an hour. Water visibility was ok however, the light ripple on the surface made it hard to see.

We only seen one garfish and a few toadies. There was a couple of other fish that took off like a rocket but didn’t see what they were.

If you have any spots for wading drop a comment. It would help if you mention the right weather conditions for that spot.

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Re: Wading Moorpanyal Beach

Post by fisho999 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:52 am

are you talking about wading for hand-spearing? or just getting further out in the water to cast lures?

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Re: Wading Moorpanyal Beach

Post by Joker91 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:34 pm

fisho999 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:52 am
are you talking about wading for hand-spearing? or just getting further out in the water to cast lures?
Hand spearing. Never really enjoyed lure fishing (probably because I don’t know how to do it properly hahaha)

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”