Bellarine Peninsula Announced/Proposed Projects 2021/22

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Bellarine Peninsula Announced/Proposed Projects 2021/22

Post by Andrews » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:49 am

Hey everyone,
Just announced via a locally distributed Labor Budget pamphlet on behalf of the Hon Lisa Neville are a few new and current proposed fishing related projects and works.

Queenscliff & Point Lonsdale
'Queenscliff Boat Ramp, $4.00 million upgrade, expanding the boat ramps and improving surroundings'.

'Fisherman's Wharf, $2.9 million restoring this historic area, highlighting the towns fishing past'.

Portarlington, Indented head and St Leonards

'Portarlington Pier, $9.6 million redevelopment, building on the Safe harbour and Ferry project. This next stage involves a covered ferry walkway and upgrading the pier'.

'Point Richards Boat Ramp, $3.7 million upgrading the ramps, car parking and rock groyne'.

Clifton Springs Jetty Extension Annoucement
'Clifton Springs Jetty, $320,000 doubling the length of this popular fishing jetty'.

The current pier which was extended in 2019 to a length of 70M, will hopefully now double to ~140M. The pier is quite shallow, boasting a depth of 1M on a high tide and the bottom has changed over the past year. January the piers surroundings was almost covered completely by eel grass beds, but has progressively developed sandy patches and less dense weed. The end currently has a bright flood light which turns on @ 6PM.

Example of what the length may be.
CliftonSpringsPier.jpg
Last edited by Andrews on Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Clifton Springs Jetty Extention

Post by Sebb » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:17 am

That's great. It'll be a much better landbased squid spot.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Clifton Springs Jetty Extention

Post by Lightningx » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:52 am

That’s gonna be much better 👍🏻

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Bellarine Peninsula Announced/Proposed Projects 2021/22

Post by hornet » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:57 pm

I don't think the extra length will do much ? it needs to be much longer before it gets into deepish water ...

http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalcharts.co ... /144.55293

He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:49 pm

Yeah, you're right since the depth along the whole of the Curlewis Bank is just so shallow. Navonics ChartView updated a month or so ago with the depths https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@1 ... zgFa%7BgqZ I think it may just push that little deeper and covers more ground which is awesome.

Couldn't agree more Sebb and Lightningx, I'd be keen to check it once it's built.
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 pm

I emailed better boating Victoria regarding the portarlington boat ramp upgrades the carparking spaces are too small my boat and trailer no boat on is 12.7 mt my trailer will stick out into the road and I have no chance of getting around the roundabout.
They rang me and we had a chat the roundabout will be a drive over one they will signpost the trailer bays for large boats.
Next year they are going to put another rock groyne in and dredge to try and stop the weed accumulating in the area.

He also wanted to keep in touch regarding the boat ramp which I said I was happy to do I use the point Richards ramp along.

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:27 am

Nude up wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 pm
I emailed better boating Victoria regarding the portarlington boat ramp upgrades the carparking spaces are too small my boat and trailer no boat on is 12.7 mt my trailer will stick out into the road and I have no chance of getting around the roundabout.
They rang me and we had a chat the roundabout will be a drive over one they will signpost the trailer bays for large boats.
Next year they are going to put another rock groyne in and dredge to try and stop the weed accumulating in the area.

He also wanted to keep in touch regarding the boat ramp which I said I was happy to do I use the point Richards ramp along.
Good hearing that, sounds like they're doing quite the bit of work.

spokesc
Has liked: 2 times

Post by spokesc » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:41 pm

Nude up wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 pm

good to hear but you would have thought the rock groyne and ramp should have come first in the name of safety then the carpark but hey at least it's getting done :ch:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:55 pm

The Carpark extension is now finished at point richards
16307233473690.jpg
This is the roundabout I used it the other day thank God its a drive over one.
16307234514801.jpg
This is the larger trailer parking directly in line with the ramp prime spots gone instantly.
16307237110842.jpg
This parking used to be just gravel
16307239226053.jpg
All new parking section has a one way entry and exit

Plenty of parking now can't wait till they put in the extra rock groyne to prevent the weed accumulating on the ramp

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Nude up wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:55 pm
The Carpark extension is now finished at point richards16307233473690.jpg
This is the roundabout I used it the other day thank God its a drive over one.
16307234514801.jpg
This is the larger trailer parking directly in line with the ramp prime spots gone instantly.
16307237110842.jpg
This parking used to be just gravel
16307239226053.jpg
All new parking section has a one way entry and exit

Plenty of parking now can't wait till they put in the extra rock groyne to prevent the weed accumulating on the ramp
Looks like they've done a good job, hopefully the asphalt holds up longer than Clifton Springs haha!

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”