Torquay tour

Matty H

Torquay tour

Post by Matty H » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:47 pm

With my brother in law over from WA we lucked in with a day off Torquay, probably the only day you could reasonably get out over Christmas/new year, on the 29th December. Approximately 9.30am launch into glassy conditions, and we were at the artificial reef with another half dozen boats in 5 minutes. First 2 drops and 2 flatties, put down a squid jig for a big arrow squid, then dropped 3 in a row...., began rounding up undersize pinkies after that and was about to send down a big squid bait when my crew called it...., going green in the gentle rolling swell! Motored closer in and fished some areas off Breamlea and Pt Impossible for just large blue throat wrasse, so moved back to fishos point, in gentler water. Thought we were on when I hooked a typical 40+cm KGW, but he was the only one we got, despite several moves. Picked up many more undersized pinkies, a large salmon, small mackerel and leatherjacket, so entertaining fishing, but not the bag for dinner we were hoping for.
Headed in 3.30’ish, with my custom beach skid ramp making the beach retrieve seamless. With the weather since being unfriendly for offshore fishing we were just happy to have got out on the water.
Cheers, Mat.
Attachments
82D33261-D9CF-498D-A744-8028903C8EAD.jpeg

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”