Lake Eildon

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Lake Eildon

Post by Yota » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 pm

Hey all,
I'm heading up to Eildon soon ( tomorrow maybe) and would appreciate everyone's latest thoughts on how to fish Lake Eildon.
I mean what bait, or what lures.
I'm not really a fresh water fisho, but since i'll be there, and i'll take my boat, i may as well drop a line. I'll be around the Delatite Arm.

Are there any critters/bugs i can source from the edge to use for bait ?
Re lures - do people "really" use those hilarious contraptions that flap and roll and whatever like a drowning frog or bird, ha ha, i won't be,,,,
I do have a couple of literally 30 year old tassie devils in the back of an ooooooold tackle box, are they still relevant ?
I did a quick google of Eildon fishing reports but they (maybe 3 reports) are all months old.

Also re lures ( just for a laugh) i've got a few big rapalas that i've used for saltwater trawling,,,, more of a tuna thing i guess, but do you reckon its worth a shot or Naaa,,,
Do soft plastics work ??

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Re: Lake Eildon

Post by ben475 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:37 pm

cod - rocky banks, fallen timber, early morn and late arvo, cast spinnerbaits, hard bodies (stumpjumper etc) and those hilarious contraptions that flap and roll (surface lure), big soft plastics, try up in the back of bays also. troll hard bodies in 4-10m water, can fish all day but early morn/late arvo is best. night time good to if your keen. bait try cheese, chicken thigh, hotdog, dim sim, hardboiled egg, sausage, piece of meat, yabby etc.

try around the trees for reddies, jig plastics or try worms.
some good yellas in there too.
and plenty of carp around.

the tassie's still work well, hold onto them, i think you will struggle to pickup a trout trolling them this time of year, they will probably be down deeper, but it works well in winter.

goodluck.

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:19 pm

Thanks Ben much appreciated

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:37 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4RrGp1eOm8c

Gives a rundown on a few cod lures
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”