Lakes Entrance .

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Re: Lakes Entrance .

Post by re-tyred » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:56 pm

Been away in tassy for a cpl of weeks. Home yesterday, went for a fish over at the rock groins on daylight for zip. Went up to nungurner area and caught a bunch of undersize flathead, 1 Gurnard and 1 sand whiting. warm day out there today. Hope there is a bit of fish around for the easter crowd. Offshore sounds a bit unlikely over easter.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:48 pm

ill be down there on friday, hoping i can rustle up some monster whiting like this time last year, its gonna be pretty busy im thinking

jdonly1

Post by jdonly1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Heres the fish we got last Sunday.Was hoping to get out Friday and Saturday but not looking good

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Nice snapper for lakes entrance , wd mate !.
Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:49 am

Forward predictions for easter Saturday, for the local reef area, look like 1 meter sea from the southwest and 10-15 knots wind from the southwest. A bit average but ok if you are keen.
Usually when these sort of weather patterns are around, the wind is a bit more from the west to north west in the early morning, then swinging into the south in the afternoon.( coastal land temperature effect).
South corner 4 mile, pipeline and stockyards would be the go with sw winds, least they are behind you coming home.
Attachments
easter sat 2013.png
late friday easter windWave_048.png
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:53 am

Nice catch Jdonly1.

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 am

Easter is always the full moon. First full moon after the equinox. Traditionally prawning is not very good on bright nights. I was out in the early hours yesterday and despite it being bright enough to navigate by eye, there were still quite a few prawns about. So if you want a bit of fresh bait go 3-4am and dip a few before going fishing up the lake.
Those that like to fish the weed beds opposite Kalimna jetty need to note that the movement of sand has covered a lot of the mid channel beds. Plenty of weed beds near the barrier landing. The mussels have gone nuts in the shallows off fraser island( south of the red marker.) if you don't have a bit of heavier line you will bust off on them all the time.

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Well it was such a nice day, despite my better judgement I thought I would venture up the lake after lunch... It wasn't very relaxing. Million dollar Gin Palaces flying past 30 meters each side with 1 meter + wake. Jetski doing circles and ski boats towing biscuits full of people that had lunch at the pub.... No fish , lost a bit of bait and caught about 6 very small pinkies which went straight back. Couple of undersize flathead. couldn't really expect much else, seemed pointless trying to drift quietly down onto the fish. Oh well I might go at 3am at least it will be peacefull.

ldpet1

Post by ldpet1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:48 pm

G'day guys, i was wondering if anyone could offer up the coordinates of the stockyard reef sw of lakes? Or any other known reefs that little bit further down towards loch sport/ golden beach...Looking at launching the inflatable from the beach to see how i go. Cheers!

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:05 pm

38 03.693 147 36.742 should put you on stockyard reef. That is deg minutes decimal minutes. The reef is quite large and close in shore.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”