Gippsland update

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Gippsland update

Post by sandef » Tue May 30, 2023 12:18 pm

I ran interclub comp at Johnsonville and lake tyers the fishing was slow with only 39 bream caught 12 were 39-42 cm almost no other fish caught between 43 anglers

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Re: Gippsland update

Post by Seniorfisho » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:56 am

Such a vibrant and alive website this one. sounds like a quiet comp fishing wise but the avaerage size seems to be pretty good

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:18 am

Sounds like it's both side of the state is fishing slow!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:09 am

sandef wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:18 pm
I ran interclub comp at Johnsonville and lake tyers the fishing was slow with only 39 bream caught 12 were 39-42 cm almost no other fish caught between 43 anglers
No flathead?
The bream should start to school up soon all around there.
This time last year I landed my pb flathead 88cm and a mate cracked the 90 mark. Plus a few more mid 80 frogs on bream gear. Some good fishing still to be had if you put in the hours.

We also got some cracking fish in the lakes start of the year at one of the comps. 5 fish for 6.3kg.
Bumped into a silent member while there and got chatting about whiting and kingfish etc in the lakes. If your reading this Here's your 2 seconds of fame lol :vy:
Ps. He know exactly who I was and referred to me by a name ol mate dougie gave me..
Cheers

nookb

Post by nookb » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:48 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:09 am
sandef wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:18 pm
No flathead?
The bream should start to school up soon all around there.
This time last year I landed my pb flathead 88cm and a mate cracked the 90 mark. Plus a few more mid 80 frogs on bream gear. Some good fishing still to be had if you put in the hours.

We also got some cracking fish in the lakes start of the year at one of the comps. 5 fish for 6.3kg.
Bumped into a silent member while there and got chatting about whiting and kingfish etc in the lakes. If your reading this Here's your 2 seconds of fame lol :vy:
Ps. He know exactly who I was and referred to me by a name ol mate dougie gave me..
Cheers
In terms of flathead, this time last year proved to be more productive. Anglers had notable catches, including personal bests. Flathead measuring around 88cm and even reaching the 90cm mark were landed. Some anglers also managed to catch mid-80cm flathead using bream gear. So, there is potential for good fishing if one is willing to invest time and effort.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”