Shallow Inlet Landbased

FishHunter81

Shallow Inlet Landbased

Post by FishHunter81 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:58 pm

Hi guys.
Been a while since posting here. Going to Shallow inlet for first time staying at the caravan park next week. Not sure if Shallow inlet is classed as Gippsland either but anyway.
Going to go to tidal River at prom for a day and do family stuff but will like to try the inlet at some point.
Has anyone any tips or area to target along the beach. I'll take me surf rods. Otherwise be just throwing anywhere and seeing what happens which will be fun enough.
Cheers

Matty H

Re: Shallow Inlet Landbased

Post by Matty H » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:01 pm

If you’re up for a hike walk in along the car access track and head down towards the entrance. You can easily pump bass yabbies, best local bait, but you will see the obvious accessible spots that are well overfished. A generous hike will produce very fishy looking shoreline in several areas.
Cheers, Mat.

Stavross84

Re: Shallow Inlet Landbased

Post by Stavross84 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:17 pm

Matty H wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:01 pm
If you’re up for a hike walk in along the car access track and head down towards the entrance. You can easily pump bass yabbies, best local bait, but you will see the obvious accessible spots that are well overfished. A generous hike will produce very fishy looking shoreline in several areas.
Cheers, Mat.
Hi Matty H. Just wondering where about exactly you can get the bass yabbies. I fish here once a year but normally use pippies. I normally walk in from the Yanakie side. I see heaps of the red crabs and the sand holes but not sure where to go for the yabbies. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”