Arghhhh !! It's chaos!!

mr smokey
Has liked: 48 times

Arghhhh !! It's chaos!!

Post by mr smokey » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:04 pm

First up, all the best for the festive season & the New Year to everyone.
Great to have a good tourist season and since Boxing Day it has been quite chaotic launching at the North Arm. 0430 this morning & we had to queue up to launch. Went all the way down to The Tower & it was a car (boat) park. I counted 23 boats by 0700. I thought I was back on Port Phillip in snapper season :( Very average result for the two of us with only the 1 gummy & 2 flatties. Should have stuck to our usual mark which is only 10 k's west. We regularly get our 2 each (see photo) there but considered as it was going to be flat as a dunny carter's we thought we would put in the extra distance. Others have scored well down there in the last few days. On the lake - whiting are around IF you can get in between all the boats down this end. Off Fraser has been another car (boat) park and some very rude people squatting on top of you. Early morning the best before the crowds. I counted close to 30 boats in the area off Nyerimilang the other day. Not complaining, businesses have done it very hard over the last year and deserve a good season. Just going to have to be patient if we want to go out. After all, we have about 300 other days we can go out (weather permitting).

So, Stay positive & test negative ! :wt: :wt:
Attachments
270970421_3734162306808796_657203584878589667_n.jpg
IMG_3526.JPG
“It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”
― Terry Pratchett

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Re: Arghhhh !! It's chaos!!

Post by re-tyred » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:51 pm

Yep crazy antics at the ramp.. Found Nungurner slow yesterday. Granddaughter caught a couple at the Barrier, but I was just the toady king. I managed 3 pinkies offshore today , but she beat me with a flathead and good sized gummy. :rf:
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:53 pm

Intel is that the gummies and flaties were going ok at Petman's today
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

mr smokey

Post by mr smokey » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:52 pm

Petman's ? I will have to look it up :) :)
“It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”
― Terry Pratchett

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:57 pm

4 mile past tyers

mr smokey

Post by mr smokey » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:44 pm

Ah thnx. I have no marks east of the entrance. Might have to give that direction a go once the crowd settles.
― Terry Pratchett

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”