Lakes Entrance report

ango

Lakes Entrance report

Post by ango » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:33 pm

Not many report on the forum lately so here is one. I headed out from Lakes this morning, the swell was forecast to be 1.5 meters dropping to 1 m later but is sure seemed bigger than that. I had to grind my way slowly to my fishing spot to avoid the bone jarring ride that comes with a tinny. I headed west for 2 or 3 K down the coast, past all the brown water coming out of the lakes and then fished in around 20 m of water. Using squid for bait I ended up with my bag of gummies. It was somewhat unusual in that I did not catch any gurnards, small couta, flatties or anything else except for 1 toady which to managed to pin itself on a 4/0 circle hook .
Cheers
Attachments
m_IMG_2056.jpg

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Lakes Entrance report

Post by Nude up » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:50 pm

Nice gummy

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:06 pm

Yeah it's been quiet here.
Nice gummy. Well done.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Pirkz
Has liked: 229 times

Post by Pirkz » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:23 am

A very slow Tuesday here in a cold dank and rather gloomy UK (I can see why we emigrated now - though Im not sure about the 'twice' bit)! Limited fishing on offer and I dont really have suitable European (read offshore survival) gear, by which I mean multi layer thermal clothing - not tackle. I did find my old Shimano TLD 10 & 20 reels in the family garage recently, along with a 15lb class wooden handled 8ft Ugly Stick boat rod, but they havent been used since the 90's. So although hopes were raised (briefly) and Charter Boats UK checked for a potential outing, the current weather and catch rate are not encouraging, and although I also found my old waterproof pre Gortex one piece quilted fishing suite in the depths of my mums airimg cupboard (you know the place us Pomm's keep our hot water server/ tanks), sadly it only came up to my knees on account of it being at least 30 years too small! So,although many previous chartered offshore adventures ( read fishless hypothermic experiences ) were fondly remembered, it was only a fleeting relapse, as duty called, and I had to join various pre Christmas Qs amongst the great unwashed at a local supermarket to sort out din dins for mater and I. Highlight of the 'aisle walk' (apart from the low prices by Oz standards) were these little chaps. Some Bass and Sea Bream (pronounced Breeeeem - no I in Bream over here) for your edification. Having caught both back in the day, they fight quite well if caught on light gear and are, say, at least 4 times bigger. No idea of the current size limits in Uk (though they were probably caught by the French anyway), but maybe it should read 'must feed min 2 people' on the rules/ Brag Mat - in French and English of course!. Despite a great pub crawl with 5 old school friends sharing 250 years of combined mateship , and 8 pubs / 9 pints( @ $8 a pint) -Australian Government please note) thankyou Wokingham, the novelty of this post lockdown European trip has now worn off and Nungurner, the boat, and the family dog , are calling (loudly), so I hope to be back within a week or 2. Appreciate all Gippsland orientated fishing reports, especially if KGW based and around Raymond Island/ Lakes areas, as its dark here by 4pm and there's only so much Netflix a (fisher) man can watch!
Tight Lines & Merry Christmas all.
Pirkz
Attachments
UK Bass N Bream 2 .jpg

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:14 am

I have great memories of fishing charters out of Fleetwood and hull .my family have been sending me videos of the snow , frozen cars etc something I don't miss.
I will leave it a while before venturing back to the UK to visit stay safe and warm have a great Christmas great read

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:17 am

Nice gummy mate 😊
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”