Pinkies offshore

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Pinkies offshore

Post by re-tyred » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:26 pm

Had a gentleman's start at 9am. Headed out past the six mile to some isolated low reef that often fishes well in winter. Water temperature was 12.5c in close, but rose to 14.5c about 4 mile offshored. Dropped a line down at 9.30. By the time I had the second line in, the first was bobbing up and down. Bit of a snapper feel to it. Sure enough up came a 38cm one. Ten minutes and another 42cm one was onboard. It went a little quiet , so I tried a couple of other spot close by. Not much action. Sounded around at the first spot and settled on a nice little ridge. Anchored up just next to it, in a position that should put the boat right over it. Sent them down and soon had a mowong. I just kept at it after that. No big run just a fish now and then. Patience paid and after three hours I had my bag.
Attachments
IMG_20210615_152815_7.jpg
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Pinkies offshore

Post by Whiskers » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:30 pm

A nice bag!

I met a couple of Orbost fishos late this afternoon who were cleaning a similar bag of pinkies and morwong down at the cleaning table at Marlo.

They had been out from Lakes today but had come back to Marlo to clean them. You may have seen them out there, a big white Extreme 6.95 hard top.

I was on my way back home after fishing the surf at Point Ricardo and had some salmon to clean. Had some good ones in the 50 to 60 cm mark.

I don't know what the water was like out wide but the surf was very murky, a lot of flood water coming down and out of the Snowy and spreading down the coast.

:wt:

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:34 pm

Top days fishin

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:59 pm

There was an extreme. Moojuice was the name of it.They were fishing about a mile inside of me along with farout2. On the big north south ridge. I have a bit of slab country further out that I chase mowong on.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:18 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:59 pm
There was an extreme. Moojuice was the name of it.They were fishing about a mile inside of me along with farout2. On the big north south ridge. I have a bit of slab country further out that I chase mowong on.
That's the boat. They had a good day.
:gj:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:33 pm

A very nice looking bag of pinkies!
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”