KGW Gippsland Lakes

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes

Post by re-tyred » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:36 pm

Pirkz wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:45 am
Yesterday fished in 11 m off Nungurner for a couple of small 42 cm gummies or school sharks on blue bait (not sure of the difference without googling) which were returned and a few small gurnard .Then played musical anchors and moved around via Nyerimilang Bank, The Barrier and Flannagan's using mussel and pipi for nowt. But there's always tomorrow - which coincidentally is forecast to be nice - as is Friday.
So currently very slack lines...
Pirkz
Gummies have a round nose white freckles and grinding plate for teeth. The in the pic is a school shark. Pointy clear nose and teeth no white spots. Very common around nungurner but rare to get a size one.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Paulanderson
Has liked: 62 times

Post by Paulanderson » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:10 pm

Well another 5 hour session today but just one 32 cm whiting among a few smaller ones at the Nyerimilang Bank. Pirkz must have missed it yesterday! Toadies and baby snapper were fierce!!!!!!! Started at the Fraser Is side and worked my way right across with many stops. Was lovely on the water though. According to a Fisheries lady at the ramp the only people catching fish are those going outside.

Pirkz
Has liked: 229 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes- Ah Ha

Post by Pirkz » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:59 pm

Fished most of last week for nothing in the KGW department. But being a persistent bugger I just couldn't believe that they would have left without at least saying goodbye. So I kept trying the usual spots and finally found a few ; 10 on Sun, 9 on Mon, and 4 today. 41 - 36 cm. Hard going though - today for example fished 2.30 pm till 5 , had 4 in the first 20 minutes and then nothing for 2 hrs and stumps. Woolies Banana Prawns and Paynesville area, sandy patches in 2m. Mclaughlins tomorrow - if only for a change of scenery.
Tight Lines
Pirkz
Attachments
24aprx10.jpg

Paulanderson

Post by Paulanderson » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:11 am

We seem to have lost a few recent posts - very strange????? Well done pirkz.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes- Ah Ha

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:22 am

Pirkz wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:59 pm
Fished most of last week for nothing in the KGW department. But being a persistent bugger I just couldn't believe that they would have left without at least saying goodbye. So I kept trying the usual spots and finally found a few ; 10 on Sun, 9 on Mon, and 4 today. 41 - 36 cm. Hard going though - today for example fished 2.30 pm till 5 , had 4 in the first 20 minutes and then nothing for 2 hrs and stumps. Woolies Banana Prawns and Paynesville area, sandy patches in 2m. Mclaughlins tomorrow - if only for a change of scenery.
Tight Lines
Pirkz
Very nice mate 😃
Cheers 👍🏻

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:06 pm

Well I can report that they have not returned so far. All morning, all my usual spots , donuts. I will give it a week or two and try again. Meanwhile I will just have to put up with gummy fishing once the weather improves.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:48 pm

Been out 6 times at St Leonards no whiting only few little squid All run away

Paulanderson

Post by Paulanderson » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:49 pm

A sign or wishful thinking??????? At the ramp yesterday a legal KGW was being cleaned. The angler told me they had a school of small KGW in one of the usual haunts close to Lakes Entrance and caught several undersize plus the legal one.

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:12 pm

They are catching them at Pt Welshpool and an odd one offshore off lakes. So I am punting on them turning up around Lakes in the next cpl of weeks.

Paulanderson

Post by Paulanderson » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:23 am

I see on FB that Lakes Charter had a pic of a decent KGW catch inside the Lakes system yesterday - time to go looking again!

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”