KGW Gippsland Lakes

Paulanderson
Has liked: 75 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes

Post by Paulanderson » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:12 am

Welcome back Pirkz the local "Whiting Whisperer". I put in a very long day last week and finally managed 2 KGW 36 and 38 cm near Metung. Was plauged by tiny Snapper in some spots.
Attachments
KGW 6.jpg

Paulanderson
Has liked: 75 times

Post by Paulanderson » Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:18 pm

It seems from posts that Lakes Charter Fishing has managed to find a few KGW - any ideas of the area?

Elmer Stratty
Has liked: 58 times

Post by Elmer Stratty » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:51 pm

Paulanderson wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:18 pm
It seems from posts that Lakes Charter Fishing has managed to find a few KGW - any ideas of the area?
We were anchored Lakes side of Nungurner this morning and Rick went past disappearing around the point towards Metung. Not sure if he had any success.

We got onto the silver whiting and kept 18 for various baits but no KGW to be found.

E.

Pirkz
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Pirkz » Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:52 am

So Im reading this sitting in Prague - not exactly the KGW capital of anywhere. Homeward bound tomorrow for a few weeks before returning to Europe. I shall definilyy be out and about chasing the KGW next week come what may... OK so winds of 20kph + may dissuade me . My advice would be to fish prawn and or mussel towards the fresh salt water i.e behind Flannagans Island in 2-3 m over gravel patches in weedbeds as always. Or look out for Ricky and follow him.... ha ha .To be fair its early in the season and perhaps unusual to catch em in winter so some effort is needed to be successful. The bay to the NE of shaving point was good a few years back on mussel vbut that was in spring around October . I dont expect to catch much when back, but just being out on the Gippsland lakes even in winter is priceless and enough motivation to gve it a go. Wish me luck. I shall report back on any succees or failure.
Tight Lines
Pirkz

re-tyred
Has liked: 377 times

Post by re-tyred » Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:38 am

I am back and managed a cpl of hour around flannagan Island and the Nyremilang bank for donuts. Another guy there caught 2.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Pirkz
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Pirkz » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:40 pm

Encouraged by recent Lakes Charter KGW catches I headed up to Fraser Island area today. Fished opposite Nyerimilang jetty and about a dozen other spots in 2.5-3m all for nowt. Not much tidal movement .Moved around the back of Flannagan's and fished opposite the Barrier and varous other spots back towards Metung using prawn and some defrosted mussel. Again not a touch. Water temp showing about 9 so warmer on an incoming tide at the Entrance. Couple of seals about around Metung area seemed frisky enough so maybe they know something we dont - like where the fish are! Nice day out but that'll be it I reckon until Spring - which suits as Im back to a European summer next week for a month.
Tight lines
Pirkz

Tackleberry
Has liked: 341 times

Post by Tackleberry » Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:27 pm

I was going off shore today at about 15:30 and there were several boats in Reeves channel just near Flannagan Island .
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”