KGW Gippsland Lakes

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes

Post by Kimtown » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:36 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:19 pm
:tu: I gave Nungurner a go this morning. Not the biggest KGWs but still a feed. Back at the ramp at 11.30 . Stopped at the Asian take away van and ordered some Mongolian beef. Talking to the lady and ended up giving her two fish for her dinner. Found two bonus homemade dim Sims in the bag. :tu:
Ohhh Mongolian beef! I see you’re a man of culture too

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:25 pm

Back there again this morning. Launched at 9am, back home by 12. 1 school whiting, 11 KGWs. Some bigger ones in amongst them.
Attachments
IMG_20211018_131004_5.jpg
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:33 pm

Another nice feed of kgw!
I got a couple of nice ones yesterday as by catch!
Cheers 👍🏻

Pirkz
Has liked: 222 times

Post by Pirkz » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:40 pm

Coupla pics . An hours worth off Paynesville jetties last night using float fished live shrimp - nice luderick , small stuff but fun all returned (30 cm size 9 shoe for ref). Rain stopped play around 7pm - left em biting.
And this arvos efforts off Nungurner - 8 x KGW 27-30 cm plus 4 undersize (25) returned. A few nice school whiting also returned as I couldnt face the prospect of filleting them on return. Plus I had enough for a couple of meals already. may repeat tomorrow and use a bit more mussel than squid as that picked out the bigger ones.
Tight Lines
Pirkz
Attachments
received_1231492200649948.jpeg
PXL_20211018_07362397.jpg

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:03 am

Very nice mate

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:44 pm

Another 12 kgw today. They were a bit slow , just a fish every now and again. 3 hrs to get 12. Quite a few undersize thrown back. Kept the 29cm plus. Three at 33-34.cm
Ripper day no wind 25 degrees. Fair few boats about
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

Pirkz

Post by Pirkz » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:32 am

Also fished yesterday - launched Paynesville (1030 ish) and fished Metung point for nowt before moving and stopping at the usual spot off Nungurner as I couldnt be bothered to go further - even though I could see a few boats up by Nyerimilang bank. 2 hr session gave up 9 KGW keepers (28-30 and 1 @ 32) and a few undersize, along with a few other species including some small flatties, a Gurnard (first of the season) and a small Pinky. Found most fish came while the tide was coming in ( undertow going towards Metung?), and cooked mussel made a big difference - and yep you need to hold the rod ! Started with 2 rods out and ended up doing a handball shuffle between rods and missed most of the the bites.- so reduced to just one patenoster rig. Noticed most KGW came to the bottom hook and mussel. Once the tide turned the bite stopped - literally (2pm), wind picked up so called it a day. 3 or 4 other boats moored up fairly close by though with mixed results. Need to explore progressively a bit nearer to Paynesville now as the water warms to see how far up the system the KGW are moving. Noticed a few boats congregated close to the far bank on the Paynesville side of Shaving point though dont know what was caught. Nice to see the fish coming back though and lets be honest the KGW do fight well for their size on light tackle so good sport. Be nice to get a 40+cm this year. Oh... just to add also fished Lake Glenmaggie on Monday (offsiders choice) and despite overshooting (well it had been 20 years since my last visit) and ending up in Boisdale (briefly), via Newry, finally managed to find the lake and get afloat for a few redfin and a carp each. He caught a nice yellow belly from another venue the week before which went 60 cm and 8lb 10 oz (old uk scales). pic attached.
Tight Lines
Pirkz
Attachments
Loy Yang YB 61cm  8lb 11oz 18 Oct.jpg

ango

Post by ango » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:06 pm

Fished from Paynesville today in the areas of Point Jones and Carstairs Bank. I was trying for KG whiting using squid & Mussels for bait. I did not get a bite, with all the freshwater coming down the rivers the water is very brown at the moment, probably it needs to clear up a bit before the whiting move up the system? Only 1 other trailer at the ramp when I left and the easterly wind was a bit PITA.
Cheers

Pirkz

Post by Pirkz » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:27 pm

Thanks for the report - intel appreciated as I am keen to try that area once a few fish arrive . I fished Nungurner on Tues for a few hours and had 5 KGW keepers (29-30) and 2 nice gurnard (good eating IMO). As a point of reference I saw a familiar boat anchored up on the Eastern side of the landmass jutting into Bancroft Bay opposite Shaving Point and a quick chat revealed KGW in residence there. Confirmed by the presence of 2 other boats. Didnt try myself this outing as en route to Nungurner (just for a change).
Tight Lines
Pirkz

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:29 pm

Well I fished offshore on Friday for very little. 2flathead. With the floodwaters subsiding and the flood Tide starting to work it's way back into the lake, I thought it might be worth a whiting fish. Ambled up to Nungurner just after 8am. I only had prawns for bait, as my supply of squid has been depleted. First drop a very small rock cod, followed by another. Mmm... not looking promising. Bit harder bite and oh that familiar tug tug with a bit of weight. Yeahaa a 30cm KGW. Followed by two more. Half an hour and I have ten in the Esky all 28 to 34 cm.
Slowed a bit after that but after 2hrs I had 16 size KGWs 1 flathead and 4 school whiting. A few small KGWs went back.
Attachments
IMG_20211121_125446_2.jpg

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”