denis barden

Re: Paynesville Jetties

Post by denis barden » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:06 am

Kool Fush

Pirkz
Has liked: 229 times

Post by Pirkz » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:09 am

Gultch78 a neighbour reported catching KGW and Sand/School whiting in the Nungurner area on squid a few days back.
Elmer unfortunately I cant say thaat I feel your piscatorial pain as Ive had an enforced 300 days or so off due to working in Europe - though not in a row as Ive had to cut the grass twice! Fished the exact same jetties as above twice over the last few days and ... nada...not even a bite... Thats Fishing ..

Gultch78
Has liked: 312 times

Post by Gultch78 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:56 am

Went for a fish midday Wednesday around Paynesville got onto a few nice whiting bite started after 1pm
Side question
Whiting were all filleted that afternoon and refrigerated over night cooked up Thursday but tasted really muddy I scaled but didn't remove the skin is this unusual
I was a premium member before it was cool #aheadofthepack

Pirkz
Has liked: 229 times

Post by Pirkz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:40 pm

[/quote]
Whiting were all filleted that afternoon and refrigerated over night cooked up Thursday but tasted really muddy I scaled but didn't remove the skin is this unusual
[/quote]

Gulch78
Short answer short.. I dont know as Ive never eaten anything caught from the lakes fullstop...But looking at the thick thick grey sludge that comes up with the anchor around the Paynesville area Im not surprised. Couple of whiting caught on Wednesday from Mcgloughlin's were very nice, descaled/deslimed and done in tempura batter.
Pirkz

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”