Inverloch 01/08

Jezza94
Has liked: 2 times

Inverloch 01/08

Post by Jezza94 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:31 pm

Checked the weather Friday night and decided that Saturday would be an ideal day to head out, 10-15km northerly wind with a smaller than usual tide variation - less current = less weed
Rocked up to Inverloch around 1pm and pumped a good amount of Bass yabbies from the mouth of Screw Creek.

Fished the incoming tide behind the bowling Green as this spot has a nice little channel with a sparse weed bed

First hour I couldn't put the rod down, although everything was undersized - 6 or so whiting, a couple of pinkies and the usual flathead.

Ended up with a school of small salmon cruise through so that gave me some entertainment throwing a spoon for 10 or so minutes

There's still fish around, just nothing of any consequence on this day

Cheers, Jeremy

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Re: Inverloch 01/08

Post by Sebb » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:05 pm

Jezza94 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:31 pm
Checked the weather Friday night and decided that Saturday would be an ideal day to head out, 10-15km northerly wind with a smaller than usual tide variation - less current = less weed
Rocked up to Inverloch around 1pm and pumped a good amount of Bass yabbies from the mouth of Screw Creek.

Fished the incoming tide behind the bowling Green as this spot has a nice little channel with a sparse weed bed

First hour I couldn't put the rod down, although everything was undersized - 6 or so whiting, a couple of pinkies and the usual flathead.

Ended up with a school of small salmon cruise through so that gave me some entertainment throwing a spoon for 10 or so minutes

There's still fish around, just nothing of any consequence on this day

Cheers, Jeremy
How small/big was the salmon?
10-15kmh north wind sounds pleasant to be on the water.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Jezza94
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Inverloch 01/08

Post by Jezza94 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:59 pm

Sebb wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:05 pm
How small/big was the salmon?
10-15kmh north wind sounds pleasant to be on the water.
25-35cm, can't seem to hack much larger down there - however i have seen some absolute horses landed off the jetty

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”