Lakes Entrance .

Fish-Hunter

Re: Lakes Entrance .

Post by Fish-Hunter » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:31 am

shazzagraz wrote:ImageImage

Great bag & the waterway looks very fishable .

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:26 am

MIKER wrote:
shazzagraz wrote:ImageImage

Great bag & the waterway looks very fishable .
Yep it's definitely a very healthy river, we moved quite a few times when we felt all the fish we were landing were too small, and each time we stopped we were getting bites within minutes. Fish everywhere!
We were greeted by a seal at our first stop too... Just came up for a breath then decided to hang around about 20m from the boat not doing much at all, just chilling on its back flapping its fins around as if to be waving at us. Stayed there for about 10 minutes just doing that.

jdonly1

Post by jdonly1 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:52 pm

We fished off lakes for the long weekend,m
an the weather was fantastic for a change
Heres a couple of pics of the fish we caught.
This is how flat it was Friday,unreal :a_goodjob:
Nice little Gummy
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-wdvJ ... AG1174.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Couple of Elephant sharks,a gummy and a rather large snapper caught on Saturday
Sunday we lost the anchor early so that slowed us down :Blah:

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Nice catch JD. The weather was great. The town was very busy and the boat ramp carpark over flowing. It was good to see so many return with decent catchs. Lots of gummies being cleaned at the boat ramp each day.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

jdonly1

Post by jdonly1 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:55 pm

re-tyred wrote:Nice catch JD. The weather was great. The town was very busy and the boat ramp carpark over flowing. It was good to see so many return with decent catchs. Lots of gummies being cleaned at the boat ramp each day.
There was mate,It was great to get out and get onto a few for a change.
Boat ramp was extremely busy,we got down there well before dark and crossed the bar just before the sunrise,beet most out.
Going to give lakes a real hammering over this year,just have to finish getting the boat right :a_goodjob:

Kenworth

Post by Kenworth » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:41 pm

davek wrote:Kenworth, I used to fish that spot when I lived there about 14 years ago, always got good fish, the looks like he enjoyed the FISHing, cheers davo
Yeah Davo , Its a great spot , and always has surprises , even when things are quiet .

I just rigged up my surf spin rod , with a size 2 ball , swivel and about 30cm leader line and a size 6 wide gap hook and pippies and prawn for bait .

Nothing exciting really , I just dont see it as a place to get too over technical with like many do ?

Just bait up , throw it 3/4 of the way across , watching tide direction so it comes back to you before it hits the bottom and relax and enjoy :)

I find the the tide doesnt really matter , its the time ;)

Just before dawn or dusk any day . We got on the Sunday Dusk at low tide , 3 bream keepers + 4 undersize throwbacks , 10+ mullet which I gave away and saved a few as dog biscuits . Monday Dawn high tide , only 5 crabs , they were everywere , then cast and my big fatty bream just went bang , before the sinker hit the bottom . And that was it , but well worth the wait :)

Cheers Rick
Attachments
fishing 001 (629 x 324).jpg
I Hate being bipolar , Its Great !

Kenworth

Post by Kenworth » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:52 pm

jdonly1 wrote:
re-tyred wrote:Nice catch JD. The weather was great. The town was very busy and the boat ramp carpark over flowing. It was good to see so many return with decent catchs. Lots of gummies being cleaned at the boat ramp each day.
Boat ramp was extremely busy,we got down there well before dark and crossed the bar just before the sunrise,beet most out.
Going to give lakes a real hammering over this year,just have to finish getting the boat right :a_goodjob:
It was a perfect weekend for boating , I havent seen so many up there for a long time , and great you got good catches too .

Still confuses me that many have no idea what 5 knots means though , lol :)

jdonly1

Post by jdonly1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Kenworth wrote:
jdonly1 wrote:
It was a perfect weekend for boating , I havent seen so many up there for a long time , and great you got good catches too .

I tie that in me line when goming in a 40ks hahaha :Boxing:

Kenworth

Post by Kenworth » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:51 pm

jdonly1 wrote:
Kenworth wrote:
jdonly1 wrote:

I tie that in me line when goming in a 40ks hahaha :Boxing:
:cheers:

jdonly1

Post by jdonly1 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:02 pm

We are heading out tomorrow nice and early,probably fish off the grange and see how we go :a_goodjob:

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”