Blairgowrie 21/11

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
AE092
Has liked: 5 times

Blairgowrie 21/11

Post by AE092 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:57 am

After a long hiatus of not fishing, I found a window where I was able to some squidding over the weekend.

Arriving at Blairgowrie at 5:30am on Saturday with daylight beginning to break through and peak high tide to arrive before 8am, with some luck I was hoping to find the squid proactive. Within 10 minutes, I was hooked onto a good size squid which was lifted over the railing and brought it. The next cast was hammered by an even larger, angrier specimen which had no intention of coming up easily. As it came closer, a follower (same size as the first) was in hot pursuit. Not sure how or why but I chanced the lift and raised it over the railing and promptly sent the 3.5 yo-zuri jig back into the depths for the third one. The squid scoff this one down but the hook-up was no good, I was on by one main tentacle but John the local had come over to check out the commotion. He was kind enough to gaff it on by behalf and bring him to to join it's other fallen foes.

Things went abit quiet then for about 45mins but in that time, a couple of others too landed good size squid along the way from right down the end to the railing that leads to the lower platform. I managed a smaller squid on the lower platform followed by a bigger one with the next cast. Nearing 8am I was about to call it home time when I hooked up another smaller squid with it too bringing a bigger friend. The 7th and final squid came up with little hesitation.

After months of lockdowns and not being able to fish, it was good to get out and go for a flick to get that fix.
Until next time.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: Blairgowrie 21/11

Post by Kenle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:05 am

Welldone mate, looks like you'll be having quite a few nice meals from those squids. Enjoy the feed mate

Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:23 am

AE092 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:57 am
After a long hiatus of not fishing, I found a window where I was able to some squidding over the weekend.

Arriving at Blairgowrie at 5:30am on Saturday with daylight beginning to break through and peak high tide to arrive before 8am, with some luck I was hoping to find the squid proactive. Within 10 minutes, I was hooked onto a good size squid which was lifted over the railing and brought it. The next cast was hammered by an even larger, angrier specimen which had no intention of coming up easily. As it came closer, a follower (same size as the first) was in hot pursuit. Not sure how or why but I chanced the lift and raised it over the railing and promptly sent the 3.5 yo-zuri jig back into the depths for the third one. The squid scoff this one down but the hook-up was no good, I was on by one main tentacle but John the local had come over to check out the commotion. He was kind enough to gaff it on by behalf and bring him to to join it's other fallen foes.

Things went abit quiet then for about 45mins but in that time, a couple of others too landed good size squid along the way from right down the end to the railing that leads to the lower platform. I managed a smaller squid on the lower platform followed by a bigger one with the next cast. Nearing 8am I was about to call it home time when I hooked up another smaller squid with it too bringing a bigger friend. The 7th and final squid came up with little hesitation.

After months of lockdowns and not being able to fish, it was good to get out and go for a flick to get that fix.
Until next time.
That squid on the left is huge. Well done.
Great to be out again, fishing, isn't it.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:23 am

Some very nice squid there 😃
Well done!
Cheers 👍🏻