Sorrento - 28/9 - AM

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Sorrento - 28/9 - AM

Post by StarrangerAU » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:31 pm

After reading a comment last night about seals chasing baitfish in the southern waters of PBB I figured if there were to be any action its going to be where the baitfish are.....

Short report cause theres not a lot to say...

6AM start at Sorrento Pier, Pillies n Squid out wide and in close. Gave it an hour before moving on to a recommended public pier that is adjacent to Sorrento Couta Yatch Club. This pier is on the shallow side, but quite a few ink marks had me hopeful for anything hungry for a squid meal.
Very overcast, wind quite light for the SW... gave it a good go for 3 hours plus... and was rewarded with 3 huge banjos that were very active on the retreive. Worth a return trip for this pier on sunset I think.

Big zero morning, but... peaceful and reasonably pleasant.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Sorrento - 28/9 - AM

Post by CarlG » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:55 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:31 pm
After reading a comment last night about seals chasing baitfish in the southern waters of PBB I figured if there were to be any action its going to be where the baitfish are.....

Short report cause theres not a lot to say...

6AM start at Sorrento Pier, Pillies n Squid out wide and in close. Gave it an hour before moving on to a recommended public pier that is adjacent to Sorrento Couta Yatch Club. This pier is on the shallow side, but quite a few ink marks had me hopeful for anything hungry for a squid meal.
Very overcast, wind quite light for the SW... gave it a good go for 3 hours plus... and was rewarded with 3 huge banjos that were very active on the retreive. Worth a return trip for this pier on sunset I think.

Big zero morning, but... peaceful and reasonably pleasant.
Too busy down there after 6ish mate, I got there before 5, but by 7 it was too full on. A seal was roaming around there a few nights ago, had to skull drag a cuttlefish past him. What were you chasing if you don't mind me asking.?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:24 pm

At least you are out there giving it a crack mate.
I haven’t been feeling the best the past few days and haven’t been able to fish but not feeling too bad today so might give it a go tonight :)
Hopefully some luck comes your way soon!
Cheers :tu:

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:24 pm

CarlG wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:55 pm
What were you chasing if you don't mind me asking.?
Usually I chase Pinkies but was hopeful for some Whiting or Salmon. You never know your luck in the big city.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:07 pm

Just wait till frozen pod shows us some secret spot for snapper and webcam break that cherry mate

Return to “Rosebud to Sorrento/Portsea”