Portsea

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
guppie12
Has liked: 1 time

Portsea

Post by guppie12 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:33 pm

Went fishing Sunday for the first time in a while, went down to the peninsula, I got down there at 10 am. I started at rye and got told that they were catching them about half hour before I got there, I fished there for 3 hours and nothing. Moved to Blairgowrie hoping to find some there fished there for a few hours 1 follower but couldn’t get him to commit and saw a big school of salmon swim past the pier but forgot my salmon stuff which was a shame. Then I moved to Portsea and first cast hooked up to something, ended up being a really nice squid around 25 cm, thought I was in for a few but didn’t get any more for a while then got a small squid as I had to go home.
Got all of them on a orange harimitsu on an incoming tide.
Thanks
27DC0C4D-6D28-412C-97A0-8467C5FDA09F.jpeg
4DC95540-BA4B-495B-80AE-C615B96FAE93.jpeg

Bugatti

Re: Portsea

Post by Bugatti » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Wow, a nice report there guppie12 :thumbsup:

A couple of nice squid too :thumbsup: , and a bit of an adventure from place to place as well :a_goodjob: . Your report has it all

Two things , , , , you always see those sneaky Salmon when you don't have the right gear, happened to me a few times , , , ,

But that Ol' , , , , "you should have been here half an hour ago, they were biting then" , , , , not sure how true that is, heard it almost every time I have gone to a Jetty , , , , Only thing that trumps that is the "yesterday" one , , , , the Ol' , , , , "We caught heaps yesterday, you should have come yesterday"

You've done well :thumbsup:

Cheers, Bugatti

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:55 pm

Nice work mate :thumbsup:

matari
Has liked: 5 times

Post by matari » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:04 pm

good ol guppies back, when are we gonna have a good session together without breaking rods or losing jigs :down:
good session though there mate.
Cheers Matari

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:09 pm

Well done mate

guppie12

Post by guppie12 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:53 pm

A couple of nice squid too :thumbsup: , and a bit of an adventure from place to place as well :a_goodjob: . Your report has it all

Two things , , , , you always see those sneaky Salmon when you don't have the right gear, happened to me a few times , , , ,

But that Ol' , , , , "you should have been here half an hour ago, they were biting then" , , , , not sure how true that is, heard it almost every time I have gone to a Jetty , , , , Only thing that trumps that is the "yesterday" one , , , , the Ol' , , , , "We caught heaps yesterday, you should have come yesterday"

Cheers, Bugatti
Thanks mate, but nah the guy showed me the squid, they were just tiny tho
matari wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:04 pm
good ol guppies back, when are we gonna have a good session together without breaking rods or losing jigs :down:
Cheers Matari
First session wasn’t to bad

matari
Has liked: 5 times

Post by matari » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:31 pm

guppie12 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 pm
Bugatti wrote:

Cheers, Bugatti
matari wrote:
Cheers Matari
still broke a rod though.
Cheers Matari

guppie12

Post by guppie12 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:38 pm

matari wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:31 pm
guppie12 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 pm
Bugatti wrote:

Cheers, Bugatti
matari wrote:
Cheers Matari
still broke a rod though.
Cheers Matari
Ah yeah true, at least we caught them

Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Not bad man, not bad.
Yeah always bring a plastic or a metal lure this time of year, you never know when salmon comes around.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:52 am

I've been caught out too with salmon showing up and me just with squid jigs. Now I always keep a metal lure in my jig case.

Return to “Rosebud to Sorrento/Portsea”