Portsea Pier 2/3/19

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm
Has liked: 429 times
Likes received: 661 times

Re: Portsea Pier 2/3/19

Post by purple5ive » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:18 pm

First thing I would try is to downsize to a 2.5 jig. Red seems to work well there.
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

whambamsam
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 am
Has liked: 12 times
Likes received: 20 times

Re: Portsea Pier 2/3/19

Post by whambamsam » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:38 am

From original post - "Tried switching between 3 - 2.5 - 2s, various colours too"

Pretty much no-one on the pier was having much luck too though, plenty of squid spotted but only 2 taken as far as I could see.
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:18 pm
First thing I would try is to downsize to a 2.5 jig. Red seems to work well there.

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm
Has liked: 429 times
Likes received: 661 times

Re: Portsea Pier 2/3/19

Post by purple5ive » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:25 am

whambamsam wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:38 am
From original post - "Tried switching between 3 - 2.5 - 2s, various colours too"

Pretty much no-one on the pier was having much luck too though, plenty of squid spotted but only 2 taken as far as I could see.
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:18 pm
First thing I would try is to downsize to a 2.5 jig. Red seems to work well there.
ahhh, i did read that too before replying. did you try an red foils? or the 14t in 2.5?
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

whambamsam
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 am
Has liked: 12 times
Likes received: 20 times

Re: Portsea Pier 2/3/19

Post by whambamsam » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Nah the closest I had was a darker pink, with a gold body.

A few others had red jigs though, but no luck for them either. Generally feel that reds/pinks/oranges perform better though, based on my own experience + observing locals.
purple5ive wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:25 am
whambamsam wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:38 am
From original post - "Tried switching between 3 - 2.5 - 2s, various colours too"

Pretty much no-one on the pier was having much luck too though, plenty of squid spotted but only 2 taken as far as I could see.
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:18 pm
First thing I would try is to downsize to a 2.5 jig. Red seems to work well there.
ahhh, i did read that too before replying. did you try an red foils? or the 14t in 2.5?

Post Reply

Return to “Rosebud to Sorrento/Portsea”