Squid tips

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
luka
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Squid tips

Post by luka » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:56 am

fisho999 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:41 am
so I will use the float method with a whiting and casting jigs. so the next thing is, how do I catch whiting for bait?
Just silver whiting from any store that sells bait. Other fish you can use if you catch them are Tommy rough, yakka, grass whiting, kgw, gars, mullet.
Last edited by luka on Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Post by fisho999 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:59 am

rb85 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:47 pm
Gday mate Port Albert fishes well for squid at times.

My suggestion would be to try between the boat ramp and the fish and chip shop. You can always use a squid spike with a silver whiting under a float on one rod whilst casting jigs with another.
hey mate, just checking where the fish and chip shop and the boat ramp are, I have marked them with a yellow highlight. the one with a blue dot on it is the ramp, right?

then the one down the other end is the fish and chip shop I'm guessing. I'm probably wrong but I remember the chip shop being in that area from when I weren't there last.

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Post by fisho999 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:03 pm

i don't know why the images never send properly on this forum. just right-click it and open the image in a new tab if you would like to see it. i use this site to upload them- https://imgbb.com/

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:20 pm

fisho999 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:59 am
rb85 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:47 pm
Gday mate Port Albert fishes well for squid at times.

My suggestion would be to try between the boat ramp and the fish and chip shop. You can always use a squid spike with a silver whiting under a float on one rod whilst casting jigs with another.
hey mate, just checking where the fish and chip shop and the boat ramp are, I have marked them with a yellow highlight. the one with a blue dot on it is the ramp, right?

then the one down the other end is the fish and chip shop I'm guessing. I'm probably wrong but I remember the chip shop being in that area from when I weren't there last.

Image doesn’t work but the fish and chip shop is on the end of wharf street
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “Squid Fishing”