Queenscliff pier squidding

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Queenscliff pier squidding

Post by Kenle » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:42 pm

Went for a quick sesh down at queenscliff pier today with my 2 little boys, 6 and 8 year olds. Only spent 2 hrs throwing 3.0 white yamashita jigs and had no troubles landing a dozen squid. My 6 year old snagged his first ever squid and the look on his face was priceless. Most were on the medium to small size but I did see some thumpers getting pulled out on bait prongs n float. Sorry for the terrible photo shoot, I was tired and just did a lazy shot with the phone camera. Gave some away to a mother and kid that really wanted a feed of fresh cala rings except they struggled real badly with a giant kmart jig that I would guess would've been 5.0 size. Overall was a fun couple hrs with the little ones and if it wasn't for the wind we would've stayed another hr. Cheers :ch:
Attachments
20190929_203610-1905x2540.jpg

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Queenscliff pier squidding

Post by saph » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:28 am

Nice work also for the jig used kmart sell upto 4.0 jigs so i would bet on that because thats all jarvis walker make them to that i have found (cheap kmart fisher and not proud of it) and even then its only a few colors nothing like glow or other amounts of colors unless you go their tsunami premium ones and again its a set amount and for the price of them you would be better off getting a set with a case from places like hooked online.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:27 am

Nice bag of squid mate.
Was nice of you to give some to the mother and the child :tu:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:16 am

I've been out there a few times and never seen an absence of 100 long poles with a 3-4 guys standing around them. I'm interested to hear about what you're casting at, as it seems to be a mostly sandy bottom without much weed / reef around.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:40 am

Nice work on getting the kids out and enjoying the trip.
Hopefully many more to come
Cheers

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:37 am

DougieK wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:16 am
I've been out there a few times and never seen an absence of 100 long poles with a 3-4 guys standing around them. I'm interested to hear about what you're casting at, as it seems to be a mostly sandy bottom without much weed / reef around.
It wasn't as packed yesterday, prob due to the wind and I was only using 1 rod anyway n my boys were sharing one rod but because they havnt learnt how to cast like thier dad yet they're dropping it straight down from thier feet off the pier to avoid crossing any abrupt on a mission to kill, angry fisho with spreads of poles. Most of the squid caught was near towards the start of the pier close to the shed on the right corner, the pole brigade was further up towards the other end of the shed. Cheers :ch:

Return to “Squid Fishing”