The big squid (on instagram)

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: The big squid (on instagram)

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:42 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:03 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:59 pm
rb85 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:32 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:24 pm
rb85 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:04 pm

It's a nice squid but it's not massive I guess the photo is reflective of how anglers are on social media some like it others don't.
As a side note i'm waiting to see a news report of a bloke in Daiwa attire robbing a servo.
I wouldn't just totally say its social media influenced, i would rather see a Pic like this than some dead squid on a bait board
takes a lot of effort getting a good pic and i can certainly appreciate it even if others think otherwise..
Don't think for a minute I am knocking the angler or his photo theres a lot more of these styles of photos carefully orchestrated wit fingers and hands hidden the fish being the feature yet sometimes the actual size of the species is a little misleading by the shot. Social media and peoples ability to share these photos has definitely created a bit of a trend of anglers posting and #hashtagging not that this gut tends to tag brands from the photo on this thread.
yeah the fish/squid whatever generally will appear bigger in those style of pics, thats why i generally have a brag mat shot of the actual size in case people question it
Hashtagging unfortunately is the way things work on instagram, nothing anyone can do about that.
It may be the way things work but pandering to brands and tackle businesses is a little bit over done by a lot.
For average fishos it should be fun.
Not everyone likes it mate i must say, best thing for those people is to stay away from instagram.
Many of the instagram users seem to enjoy the platform with some even making a lot of money out of it..

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:49 am

Seb85 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:09 pm
Where you reckon it was caught?

I reckon it was caught , , , , in the head :-D

Squid head.PNG

Cheers, Bugatti , , , , who might not be all there in the head :o_0:

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:19 am

Nice Fush,I cringe everytime i hear the words Worsling

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:22 am

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:42 pm
rb85 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:03 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:59 pm
rb85 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:32 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:24 pm

I wouldn't just totally say its social media influenced, i would rather see a Pic like this than some dead squid on a bait board
takes a lot of effort getting a good pic and i can certainly appreciate it even if others think otherwise..
Don't think for a minute I am knocking the angler or his photo theres a lot more of these styles of photos carefully orchestrated wit fingers and hands hidden the fish being the feature yet sometimes the actual size of the species is a little misleading by the shot. Social media and peoples ability to share these photos has definitely created a bit of a trend of anglers posting and #hashtagging not that this gut tends to tag brands from the photo on this thread.
yeah the fish/squid whatever generally will appear bigger in those style of pics, thats why i generally have a brag mat shot of the actual size in case people question it
Hashtagging unfortunately is the way things work on instagram, nothing anyone can do about that.
It may be the way things work but pandering to brands and tackle businesses is a little bit over done by a lot.
For average fishos it should be fun.
Not everyone likes it mate i must say, best thing for those people is to stay away from instagram.
Many of the instagram users seem to enjoy the platform with some even making a lot of money out of it..
I don’t mind the platform it’s just a lot of the hashtag culture of people pandering to brands is a bit pathetic. There wouldn’t be many anglers making big money out of it.

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:10 am

You can debate hastags all you like but if you look at his post all he has as the hastag is #egingworld and thats used by instagram to pool it in with other posts yes people do use them for brands and yes people SHOCKER make money off instagram but guess what they do the same on youtube and many other social media sites not everyone has a job or could even get one but turned what they did into a job with not much more then a cheap camera or even a phone and alot of work, someone i watch for tech stuff is linus tech tips they went from a small office and a toy fire truck 7 years ago to 5 warehouses and building their own water cooling stuff for computers and over 9 million subscribers, also some american anglers make cash from youtube, jon b, flair, theres even a full group now of them called the googan squad. so yes you can make money but its alot of work we never see, as for pandering to brands thats mostly the ones that get sponsers and have it contracted in to mention those brands and if they dont its a fine from the sponser or loss of that sponser sending them to a event like icast in america.

matari
Has liked: 5 times

Post by matari » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:28 am

You get money for ads and brand deals on youtube. I went to portsea sunday morning and the biggest one i saw was 32 so they aren't that big yet.
Cheers

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 am

Caught a couple at hood size 44 last week at Queenscliff

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:11 am

Now they are some big ones dB :thumbsup: very nice