Squid reports

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
Messiah

Re: 2012 Squid reports

Post by Messiah » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:27 pm

good squid at cleeland bight

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Nice catch FishingVic ... I noticed that squid is around the top part of the bay lately
Friend of mine told me that he caught 3 decent size from St Leonard couple of days ago … pink / black back jig caused the damage

St3vil

Post by St3vil » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Cheers Marty.

Martyjohnson

Post by Martyjohnson » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:50 pm

all good, i know this because i studied marine science. i also caught about a dozen squid in halfa around queenscliff two days ago, my daiwa blue jig that looks like a baitfish does so much damage to them, has payed for itself and then some in squid over the last two years

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 pm

I hope the tuition for studying squid eggs was worth it. :grin:

Do we need a degree in marine science to catch more calamari? :roflmao: :roflmao:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:32 am

Fish-cador wrote:I hope the tuition for studying squid eggs was worth it. :grin:

Do we need a degree in marine science to catch more calamari? :roflmao: :roflmao:
Wouldn`t hurt would it...?
Get back to them books matey...lol.
Carl..

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 am

CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:I hope the tuition for studying squid eggs was worth it. :grin:

Wouldn`t hurt would it...?
Get back to them books matey...lol.
Carl..
sounds nice really. Imagine something like this on your calling card

Carl G (Fish-cador on mine)
Professor of Cala Bashing
PhD in Calamari Behaviour and Breeding
Fellow - Cephalopods Association of PPB/WPB

:crazy: :crazy: :lolf: :roflmao: :roflmao: :crazy: :crazy:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 am

by the way, I traced back FishingVic's steps last night and I caught 1 arrow squid and 2 cala. More than enough bait for one pier session. I only need 3 bites anyway to get my bag of snapper. :super: :fish11:

All were destined to dangle off my 4/0 hooks tonight until the commander-in-chief (aka the missus) found the cala sitting in the fridge chiller section. :doh1: She begun gutting the cala and I had to beg for the wings and heads for my bait. Oh well she gave me the heads - without the tentacles. Bangg It was only the eyeballs to be honest. :doh1: :doh1:

To rub it in, she handed over the cala rings to me and said ""can you cook this for me? you cook better than me"". Now she is munching them in front of the TV. :dinner: :dinner: I guess she loves it. She just told me to go back to portsea/sorrento area and catch some more. How I wish it's that easy. Anyway, I am OK with that. A happy wife surely has one happy fisho husband. Not may wives out there push their hubbies to go fishing. :woohoo: :woohoo: Moments later, she placed an order for some bream. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 am

Fish-cador wrote:by the way, I traced back FishingVic's steps last night and I caught 1 arrow squid and 2 cala. More than enough bait for one pier session. I only need 3 bites anyway to get my bag of snapper. :super: :fish11:

All were destined to dangle off my 4/0 hooks tonight until the commander-in-chief (aka the missus) found the cala sitting in the fridge chiller section. :doh1: She begun gutting the cala and I had to beg for the wings and heads for my bait. Oh well she gave me the heads - without the tentacles. Bangg It was only the eyeballs to be honest. :doh1: :doh1:

To rub it in, she handed over the cala rings to me and said ""can you cook this for me? you cook better than me"". Now she is munching them in front of the TV. :dinner: :dinner: I guess she loves it. She just told me to go back to portsea/sorrento area and catch some more. How I wish it's that easy. Anyway, I am OK with that. A happy wife surely has one happy fisho husband. Not may wives out there push their hubbies to go fishing. :woohoo: :woohoo: Moments later, she placed an order for some bream. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Just thanks your lucky stars that she didn't order Tuna for fresh sashimi :lolf:

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Jurppa

Post by Jurppa » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:52 am

fishingvic wrote:quick session on the squid down at Sorrento/Portsea all land based yesterday:

ended up with 5 calas and 1 arrow squid.

Best time was right on the high tide with relatively slack water.

Hey fishingvic
Not sure if I'm ment to use a report thread for a question?
Does it matter what time of day the high tide coincides with? Say 10am high tide , 2pm high tide 6pm high tide? And is wind and overcast good or bad?

Cheers

Return to “Squid Fishing”