Mornington pier report

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Mornington pier report

Post by A-a-ron » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:39 pm

Looking to get a young fella onto some fish without him getting bored and turned off fishing for a good mate who keen to get him fishing. Are the yakkas still kicking around at morning or night down Mornington pier, he’ll probably go Sunday/
Monday, cheers.

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:08 am

A-a-ron wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:39 pm
Looking to get a young fella onto some fish without him getting bored and turned off fishing for a good mate who keen to get him fishing. Are the yakkas still kicking around at morning or night down Mornington pier, he’ll probably go Sunday/
Monday, cheers.
The yakkas have been very quiet this week...still getting some after dark but it's slow. Flinders pier has yakkas and slimeys around though

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:35 am

A-a-ron wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:39 pm
Monday, cheers.
Mornington really quiet right now I’ll let you know when the fishing fires back up there’s generally a pinkie run where everyone catches tons of just undersize or legal size pinkies. IMO they’re the easiest and best fish to get the young fella into because they fight good and taste even better whereas yakkas are sometimes harder to catch and have to be prepared in certain ways but when the pinkies do start showing up I’ll post here

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Post by A-a-ron » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:48 am

Cheers fellas, appreciate it.

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Post by Joker91 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:09 pm

Good to hear you are catch something! I’ve been trying rosebud and rye pier for donuts. I’m out in Mornington now so I might head over for a quick fish or maybe spear fishing.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”