mornington pier

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
Bugatti

Re: mornington pier

Post by Bugatti » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:48 pm

eddyt wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:28 pm
Man you guys are freaking me out right now. I left the bat on the little pier on Mornington, it should still be there. SHould have taken it to check for rabies

eddy, you should be fine, cases are very rare and it is more just a precaution AND that Superhero stuff only happens in Comic Books

Or on a fishing forum where a Bugatti has scrambled brains and he things he is a Bug in a Lycra Costume

But you should be fine

Cheers, Bugatti

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:29 am

No rabies in Victorian bats
Nth Queensland maybe, because they fly in from other countries
You'll be fine eddy
Gra

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks guys. Doc said there's no redness and no sign of infection so it should be fine. This Victoria government health site says that Vic bats can have rabies too but pretty low risk and all the deaths (3) since 1996 have all been in Queensland.

Still have no idea how it got itself caught... guessing it must have flown into the line as I lifted the rod. Must have had at least 5 loops around it's wing and braid is a @#_-$ to untangle

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:51 pm

Good to hear you’re alright mate! :tu:

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:14 pm

eddyt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:46 pm
Thanks guys. Doc said there's no redness and no sign of infection so it should be fine. This Victoria government health site says that Vic bats can have rabies too but pretty low risk and all the deaths (3) since 1996 have all been in Queensland.

Still have no idea how it got itself caught... guessing it must have flown into the line as I lifted the rod. Must have had at least 5 loops around it's wing and braid is a @#_-$ to untangle
Great news mate
Did you consider live bait ???
Might have been a big red waiting
Gra

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 pm

Great to hear eddy, not only that the Doctor gave you the all clear BUT more so, that you had the sense to go to the Doctor's and make sure you were ok :tu:

Um, I gather as you never mentioned Superhero Powers, that the Doctor cleared you of that too ;-)

Cheers, Bug

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:14 am

No super bug powers for me (yet)! Give it a few weeks

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 am

eddyt wrote:

Good on you. Now you know you're fine and still have many many years to go fishing! Not bat-ing :-D
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 am
eddyt wrote:

Good on you. Now you know you're fine and still have many many years to go fishing! Not bat-ing :-D
Dont swear. Theres kids on here, think of the children :-D

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Post by A-a-ron » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Had the same issue but a seagull last week, stupid thing flew into my line and got tangled up, reeled it in only to almost get it and and the line snapped and it was left with the weight and hook set up still attached, ended up getting hold of it after 5mins of struggle and set the little **** free.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”