mornington pier

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
Bugatti

Re: mornington pier

Post by Bugatti » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:11 pm

A-a-ron wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:44 pm
Had the same issue but a seagull last week, stupid thing flew into my line and got tangled up, reeled it in only to almost get it and and the line snapped and it was left with the weight and hook set up still attached, ended up getting hold of it after 5mins of struggle and set the little **** free.
Yeah, we've saved a seagull and a pelican with rigs in their wings/feathers. And yes they get all angry but oddly enough, once they realise you are there to help, they settle.

A-a-ron, did you find that or was yours angry all the way through?

rescue seagull.PNG

rescue pelican.PNG

Cheers, Bugatti

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Post by A-a-ron » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:20 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:11 pm
A-a-ron wrote:
Had the same issue but a seagull last week, stupid thing flew into my line and got tangled up, reeled it in only to almost get it and and the line snapped and it was left with the weight and hook set up still attached, ended up getting hold of it after 5mins of struggle and set the little **** free.
Yeah, we've saved a seagull and a pelican with rigs in their wings/feathers. And yes they get all angry but oddly enough, once they realise you are there to help, they settle.

A-a-ron, did you find that or was yours angry all the way through?

rescue seagull.PNG

rescue pelican.PNG

Cheers, Bugatti

Yea he definitely was angry as until he realised

Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:27 pm

A-a-ron wrote:
They're known to swoop bait with hook and line attached. Seems like they dont have a very good eyesight.
They have sharp beak, I always put on gloves when that happen
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:44 pm

Pelicans are not that bright for sure tho, here as soon as you catch something they swoop in hoping to get it as your bringing the fish in or after relese they dont care hook or not and ive seen a few with hooks in their wings but doesnt affect them.

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Post by A-a-ron » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:27 pm
A-a-ron wrote:
They're known to swoop bait with hook and line attached. Seems like they dont have a very good eyesight.
They have sharp beak, I always put on gloves when that happen
Yea I’d already been sitting with line out it this time, just flew too low and straight into it :rf:

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”