Up the creek

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
dezza68

Up the creek

Post by dezza68 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:03 pm

I took my son for a session up a creek that starts near our house. I'd not fished there before and the algae weed did not inspire confidence. We'd picked up some green prawns for bait so we tried one rod on the float and one on the bottom with a small pea sinker.
Had bites on the float straight away and he picks up his first toad, considering all the other fish he has caught hes done well to avoid them for so long.
We moved into a bit more shade with some deeper water in front of us. I was in the middle of sorting a tangle out on his rod when I see a bite start on mine. The tip is going crazy and whilst Im holding his rod the cheeky bugger nips in and hooks up on mine. The drag starts singing straight away and the fish makes a strong run almost to the far bank. Im sent off to sort the net out as apparently my experience is not required! He deals with all the fish has to offer and guides it into the bank where I net it first time.
The hook comes out in the net, I'm shocked at the size, its the biggest bream I've seen and way bigger than any I have caught. It measures 37cm. We take a few rushed snaps and he puts it straight back.
I hook up an hour later to another decent fish on the float rod, unfortunately the hook pulls about a minute into the fight. This kills off the swim so its time to pack up. Im reminded several times on the way home about the butt kicking he's just handed out.
Going to take him sharking for the next trip
Attachments
IMAG0513.jpg
Cast, catch and put it back

Fish-Hunter

Re: Up the creek

Post by Fish-Hunter » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Nice Bream at 37cm, your son must be :-D

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Looks like You've earned the lowly title of assistant netter dezza ... next you will be carrying all his fishing gear to the water ! :rofl:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:26 pm

He looks very happy with that fish and he will not forget the day he out fished dad

cahoona
Has liked: 15 times

Post by cahoona » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:40 pm

I used to take my son fishing all the time but once he turned vegetarian he stopped wanting to go so now i got to wait for my grandsons to get a bit bigger so i can take them out

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:53 pm

cahoona wrote:I used to take my son fishing all the time but once he turned vegetarian he stopped wanting to go so now i got to wait for my grandsons to get a bit bigger so i can take them out
I had to buy him a veggie burger on the way home as he's heading the same way as his mum. We fish 100% release so no harm is done.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Good work, it pleases me to see young kids out fishing :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:50 pm

As old Rexy would say, get hooked on fishing not drugs. I wish more young ones would take up fishing. Your very lucky Dezza, our son who was a very keen angler has now lost all interest in fishing, and our Daughter, Son in law and Grand kids have moved to the States.

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:33 pm

hornet wrote:Looks like You've earned the lowly title of assistant netter dezza ... next you will be carrying all his fishing gear to the water ! :rofl:
Could be worse! Could have to carry all his gear and the fish he's caught as well, plus my donughts. :-D

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Kev209 wrote:As old Rexy would say, get hooked on fishing not drugs. I wish more young ones would take up fishing. Your very lucky Dezza, our son who was a very keen angler has now lost all interest in fishing, and our Daughter, Son in law and Grand kids have moved to the States.
Cheers, he's only 10 so many intrests on the horizon that might change things. Hopefully he keeps catching rippers and then he will stay interested.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”