Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 387 times

Port Phillip Bay Fishing Reports

Post by fishingvic » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Post your Port Phillip Bay Fishing Reports here
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

keep_itsimple

Re: Port Phillip Bay Fishing Reports

Post by keep_itsimple » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:54 pm

hi all,
i thought i let you know what the report is for safety beach area (land based) i mainly fish at between 5-8:30pm has been slow for last week or so. just a couple squid and some whiting and pinkies also travelly. but no bay trout as of yet

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fishingvic » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Hey Mr keep_itsimple

best time is after dark, especially for 40+cm whiting down that way! thumbsup

edit: down that way... fixing these smiley shortcuts! Bangg :tongue: Bangg
Fishing Victoria Admin

keep_itsimple

Post by keep_itsimple » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:44 pm

i hate night fishing cause i hate not being able to so the rod tip or my line, also tieing knots suck

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fishingvic » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Get yourself a $7 headlamp from the big snake and some bells or LED light clips.... I know Brett has some for sale in the "for Sale" section. thumbsup
Fishing Victoria Admin

keep_itsimple

Post by keep_itsimple » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:11 pm

went out tonight for an hour at safety beach (land based) got a pinkie and some sort of pearch, but each time i was throwing a plastic squid kept grabbing it so i swapped to a squid jig and got 4 squid 2 table size and 2 bait size.
not bad for an 1 hour

habiby2u

Post by habiby2u » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:58 am

A mate and i went out Saturday Morning(26/03/2011), got to the ramp (Newport) about 4:30. Was rough, and really blowing(BOM forecast said 10 – 20knots and waves 1-1.5 around midday) – waves were easy 1.5 – 2m. So we decided to cruise up the Yarra instead.
Went right up to Hoddle st bridge and was sounding around when i found a whole bunch of activity under the boat, chucked in a line with a little circle hook and a pipi. About 30 secs later we had undersize bream on. Released and re-baited, and tried again. Wasn’t anchored so we drifted a bit, but motored up again and we were on, almost as soon as the bait hit the water. Depth under the boat was 3.8 – 4.2 metres must have been allot less near the bridge...
Anyway about a hour later we had 2 keepers and about 15 undersize fish released.

The wind died down a bit and we decided to try and head out again. Got to river mouth and the waves were still pretty high... we saw another couple of boats anchored up in between the shipping channel and the spirit of Tassie channel, so we decided to anchor up about 200m away from them. we were in about 5 – 6m of water and about 300m from shore, and you could clearly see land based fishos. The other boats didn’t seem to have a heap of action. So dropped the burley bucket about 3m (loaded with stale bread, pillie chunks and tuna oil) had 6 rods all setup for snapper and loaded with pillie. Couple of bites, but nothing solid, then a couple of little pinkies – all undersize. As soon as daybreak started, the rods started to buckle over with a bit more grunt almost at the same time. Almost 30mins later and we have 8 pinkies just under 40cm. Then dead. Not a touch. More burley and still not a touch. Decide to pull the plug, as it was still too rough to venture out comfortably.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”