Quick Snapper report, Wednesday 30th OCT.

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Quick Snapper report, Wednesday 30th OCT.

Post by STriplett1997 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:06 pm

Good weather and a rising barometer saw me head out again on the Reds wednesday morning. I fished Monday with only getting the one fish at 3kg (should have fished the morning)
Fishing solo again and armed with only 1 frozen fresh squid hood. I headed straight to my mark from last weeks captures above hastings in the north arm in time to make the last 90 minutes of ebb tide with the rising barometer. Not long before both rods bent over with only one staying connected... a school fish of about 1.7kg.
About 40 minutes went past when a big hard fast buckle and run out of no where hit. Unfortunately awful timing!!!! I had just put the burley pot over the side sending it down, and hadn't had the chance to tie off. With excitment i grabbed the rod straight away and found myself juggling both. In the end losing the fish to slack line.. the one rig with suicide hooks on it... great. Thankfully i had one last opportunity before the bite window finished, with an absolute HOWLER of a run in the holder!! Had me thinking it was an Eagle Ray it went that hard. Right at the end of the tide. After weaving between 2 rods and the burley pot rope, i managed to land the fish side on in the current with wind against little tide left.
Coming in at 5kg again, another solid fish! Squid rings did the damage.
imgonline-com-ua-Compressed-kNzaSFiz3lJEnI.jpg
I then sat out the next tide for 0. Just shows you how important planning your trips around the best possible bite window can be. On the plus side the water was flickering between 16.4-17 degrees! I made a quick stop at the start of the next tide for a gummy and within 10 mins a nice 1m+ gummy on deck on a fresh yakka chunk, followed by one a fraction smaller that i released!
imgonline-com-ua-Compressed-ljO6JnxSHerW.jpg
Seasons coming alive now. Hitting the whiting in the morning too!! Cheers fellas!

deathray
Has liked: 8 times

Re: Quick Snapper report, Wednesday 30th OCT.

Post by deathray » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:19 pm

Your continual posting of informative fishing based reports is becoming a little tiresome. Well done sir.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:27 pm

well done sammy boy!!
i will attempt to venture out at some stage of the long weekend and see if i can accidentally snag one

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:37 pm

Saw your mug on Talking Fishing again through the week. Good to see the celebrities still have time for us FV folk...haha.

Another great informative report mate, well done.
Do you reckon the big boys are in yet? You going to put in some all-nighters for that big knobby? Normally by now I've heard whispers of a 10kg+ fish or 2 being landed, but this season has been a little quiet so far.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Good stuff!
Redhunter wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:37 pm
Saw your mug on Talking Fishing again through the week. Good to see the celebrities still have time for us FV folk...haha.

Do you reckon the big boys are in yet? You going to put in some all-nighters for that big knobby? Normally by now I've heard whispers of a 10kg+ fish or 2 being landed, but this season has been a little quiet so far.
Some bozo at corinella ramp told me he got a 13.3kg LANDBASED between that little point between corinella and tenby point.

Make of it what you will.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:23 pm

You did it again Sam!
Well done mate :)
I’m hoping to snag one or 2 from the boat this cup weekend as well! Wish me luck!
Cheers :tu:

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:31 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:08 pm
Good stuff!
Redhunter wrote:

Some bozo at corinella ramp told me he got a 13.3kg LANDBASED between that little point between corinella and tenby point.

It's amazing how often people get their lbs and kgs mixed up. I can't help to feel that a vic red just shy of 30lb wouldn't be bragged about all over town. Bit hard to believe, but stranger things have happened!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:31 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:08 pm
Good stuff!
Redhunter wrote:

It's amazing how often people get their lbs and kgs mixed up. I can't help to feel that a vic red just shy of 30lb wouldn't be bragged about all over town. Bit hard to believe, but stranger things have happened!
I very much took it with a grain of salt.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:52 pm

Great report Sam, and a awesome looking Snapper, nice catch too :tu:

EEE.GIF

Sam, you have my envy red-lining :-D

Cheers, Bugs

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:35 am

Nice catch mate
Hope to snag one on the weekend after 2 donut trips

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”