7/11 - Flinders Pier/Jetty

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
vinhii

Re: 7/11 - Flinders Pier/Jetty

Post by vinhii » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:59 pm

^
id prob head there real soon to try for fresh cala then head back to port melb for the night shift
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

DonVito

Post by DonVito » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:04 pm

vinhii wrote:^
id prob head there real soon to try for fresh cala then head back to port melb for the night shift
Agreed. Headed there tonight, no good. Wind blowing the waves and jigs around.. By the time you knew it, the jig was back at your feet. Lost another squid jig due to snags. Gutted - third cast. Bye bye $20+ =[[[[[[[[[[[

sidrx

Post by sidrx » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:27 pm

DonVito wrote:
vinhii wrote:^
Agreed. Headed there tonight, no good. Wind blowing the waves and jigs around.. By the time you knew it, the jig was back at your feet. Lost another squid jig due to snags. Gutted - third cast. Bye bye $20+ =[[[[[[[[[[[
Yeah, I headed there also. No good. Wind wasn't that bad when I was there. Bye bye to my $20+ Yamashita lol FML! :angryfire: Just bought it this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:38 am

what time were you guys there?? lol i was there too!! couple guys hooked up!! some nice squids!
i gave up and then headed to brighton afterwards and my line got caught and snapped while i watched my $35 jigg fly thru the F#*KING AIR!! damit!! LOL!!! :lolf:

DonVito

Post by DonVito » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:07 am

vinhii wrote:what time were you guys there?? lol i was there too!! couple guys hooked up!! some nice squids!
i gave up and then headed to brighton afterwards and my line got caught and snapped while i watched my $35 jigg fly thru the F#*KING AIR!! damit!! LOL!!! :lolf:
I got there at just before 7 and left around 8:30. Didn't fish off the pier though. Was too busy for my liking! $35 squid jig? Musta been hold plated! What type/brand was it. Any luck at Brighton? I gave up after I got snagged and lost my jig, as I didn't bring any flouro carbon leader. Braid directly to jig = more jigs bound to be lost. :(

Mate had his line get caught on the prop of a boat who decides it was a good idea to drive straight through us. Too naive to admit he didn't go wide enough and had the audacity to tell us was our fault! He then went on to give us the details of what happens when braid gets caught in motors etc. Idiotic behaviour.

Anyway, I think it's a full moon, Thu/Fri, so I may head back there or even Brighton. ;)

sidrx

Post by sidrx » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 am

vinhii wrote:what time were you guys there?? lol i was there too!! couple guys hooked up!! some nice squids!
Got there at about 9 or so. There were two guys walking around with flash lights trying for squid. I was in a black tank top and boardies.. and you couldn't have missed the red coles enviro bag lol

I left not too long after they did

And a $35 jig lost!? Ouch man!! :cussing:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:29 am

$3 squid prong, silver whiting under float pulls the big ones in Portsea Pier.

$4 yoshikawa squid jigs (from eBay) in natural colors outfished my yamashitas and harimitsu lately. Bigger specimen like the jig with blue shade, smaller ones like the reddish jigs.....
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:12 am

Donvito - yeah i was on the pier lol hunting for those cala around that time :P jig was a yama wit a $12 weight on it lol lost it in one go :(
and nah no luck in brighton was too quiet.

Sidrx - OH!! was that you?! LOL!! i was the two guys with the flashys hahaha couldnt of missed us and def couldnt of missed your red coles bag LOL!!!! just before you came.. there were two other guys there pulling up squids. around the 500gram mark.

FC - yeah i noticed a guy with a nice blueish jig was pulling in the cala.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:45 pm

sidrx wrote: It was all good and fine until someone in their tinnie decided to go near the jetty; across and above all the floaties, instead of going around, took my line and almost got spooled.

******* idiots.
You are not alone on this. I was fishing St Kilda about 2 weeks ago 3 lamp posts from the kiosk. There was this idiot wind/kite surfing and showing off his small D**k, I mean lack of talent. He tried to get too close to the pier and let tourists take his photo. What a show off really. He was far from my area at first so I did not pay attention to his stupidity. One wrong move and his head could hit the pier! As the tourists walked towards the kiosk, he followed them. He then ran over my lines snagging one so obviously, the F word and my fingers came blazing. He just smiled and teased me as if he was saying "come and get me". I warned him he might get hurt if he snagged my line again (braid lines cut like hot knife on a butter) but he continued to criss-cross near my lines. Bad decision on his part. I reeled in one of my gear with 2 dropper, size 4/0 paternoster set up with 3 oz star sinker (it was windy so I used a star sinker). The next time he crossed my lines, I cast over his kite. He was surprised and had to duck to avoid my sinker which came too close to his head. Too bad I missed the kite. The 4/0 hooks could have ripped his kite. Hitting his head could have been a bonus. :wall: The idiot disappeared permanently from my sight seconds later and never returned close to the pier. Next time, I will take better aim. Soon after that, I will post my report - 75-90 kilo monster caught off St Kilda Pier with a picture of the idiot attached to a 4/0 hook. :lol:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

DonVito

Post by DonVito » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:03 pm

LOL good work dude.

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”