Landbased Frankston

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Landbased Frankston

Post by e.welch » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:37 pm

I have been out a couple times recently for snapper and prior to that for salmon last saturday I got a 45cm salmon and a mate got a 53cm salmon this Sunday I went to frankston pier again and missed on decent bite and got a massive banjo shark. Then yesterday I went to Davey’s bay and missed what I think was a massive snapper soon hopefully I’ll be able to hit morno for the big snaps but the weathers not looking good any advice for good outer shell pants to go over my tracksuit pants.

All the salmon where on a little metal and the snapper and bites have been on garfish

Hatetangles
Has liked: 69 times

Re: Landbased Frankston

Post by Hatetangles » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:32 pm

Thanks for he report,in terms of shell pants ,they are ok for wind and a little rain but wont be suitable if you wanna be out in the rain for a couple hours.id say your best choice value for money would definitely be waders,you might look silly but at least you will be dry!otherwise you would need to spend 400 or 500 for some top notch goretex rated 28kmm or some snow pants which are also ext

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Good stuff e.welch :tu: nice size salmon.

Cheap budget is to get rain coat and rain pants.
Or go crazy and get goretex/ngx jacket and pants.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:17 am

53 Salmon on a pier would have been fun to land.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:34 am

DougieK wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:17 am
53 Salmon on a pier would have been fun to land.
I didn’t catch it but the guy that did it was ripping drag and it bent out a hook on his spinner it was awesome to see though he also lost another massive one that bent his hook completely out but it was a good day

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:47 am

Yeah, outer shell pants can be pretty good if you're getting a light rain/mist as they're generally rated as water resistant 1K-1.5kMM, but where they often fall a little short is wind protection. For these cooler days which often windy I'd 100% recommend something thicker that'll block the wind.

Seeing as we're moving into summer, I'd recommend looking at discounted soft shell snow pants and ideally fleece lined, but synthetic will work as well. Ski pants/snow pants are thicker and generally waterproof (under moderate pressure) rated 15K+MM and that internal lining of either fleece (best) or synthetic will block the wind to the point you won't feel the wind chill. Keeps you warm and dry and a few online outdoor brands have decent quality ones priced reasonably under ~$60. Often the bigger trendy brands are more expensive at a similar quality point.

I've been rocking the aldi soft shell fleece lined pants all winter working and camping in the Otways, if you can find a pair cheap they're definitely something I'd rate.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:05 am

e.welch wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:37 pm
I have been out a couple times recently for snapper and prior to that for salmon last saturday I got a 45cm salmon and a mate got a 53cm salmon this Sunday I went to frankston pier again and missed on decent bite and got a massive banjo shark. Then yesterday I went to Davey’s bay and missed what I think was a massive snapper soon hopefully I’ll be able to hit morno for the big snaps but the weathers not looking good any advice for good outer shell pants to go over my tracksuit pants.

All the salmon where on a little metal and the snapper and bites have been on garfish
A couple of very nice sambos there mate!
Hope you land that big red soon. My hunts about to start as well.
Good luck! 😊
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”