Station Pier, Port Melbourne, 17/01/13

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Eug1

Re: Station Pier, Port Melbourne, 17/01/13

Post by Eug1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi all and thanks. I was lucky to land it at all, as it ended up wrapped around the pylons under the pier (I didn't notice it was on the line until it was too late :oops: ) But that's another story...

FC- I tried using both soft plastics and chrome twisties while I had baited line in, but no luck. My aim is getting better tho :) I only ended up casting onto the pier once.

5ubZero- It's the big ship pier. I had the Tasman ferry over my left shoulder. You can walk down from the car park/entrance, or you can drive down along the pier itself but I think you need to obtain some kind of permit. There were cars parked there when we arrived.

It's nice to be able to contribute something to the forum at last.
Cheers

5ubzero

Post by 5ubzero » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Eug1 wrote:Hi all and thanks. I was lucky to land it at all, as it ended up wrapped around the pylons under the pier (I didn't notice it was on the line until it was too late :oops: ) But that's another story...

FC- I tried using both soft plastics and chrome twisties while I had baited line in, but no luck. My aim is getting better tho :) I only ended up casting onto the pier once.

5ubZero- It's the big ship pier. I had the Tasman ferry over my left shoulder. You can walk down from the car park/entrance, or you can drive down along the pier itself but I think you need to obtain some kind of permit. There were cars parked there when we arrived.

It's nice to be able to contribute something to the forum at last.
Cheers
hey eug, thanks for the reply:) Can you fish there at night? i see the gates open but i thought you couldnt so i stayed away?!

Eug1

Post by Eug1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:13 pm

5ubzero- I don't know about access times, this was the first time I had ever been there. You might find some info about it one of the older posts on the forum if you have a dig around. I'm guessing it's not 24/7access.

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”