Port Melbourne fishing!

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
plasmo
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Port Melbourne fishing!

Post by plasmo » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:02 am

Lightningx wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:48 pm
I’ve fished from that pier many times but never seen anyone fishing for squid!
Great pier for many other species though like snapper/salmons/flatties/gummies…😃
Same here. Fished there many times and never heard of anyone getting squid. Until last Wed when I was there and pulled up 3 pinkies. One 29cm and the others undersized.

3 dudes on the other side to me caught a squid. I couldn't believe it lol.

Anyhow came home and mentioned that to my old man. He said he used to catch squid there as well, back when the pier was longer. This was agess ago.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Port Melbourne fishing!

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:31 pm

plasmo wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:02 am
Lightningx wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:48 pm
I’ve fished from that pier many times but never seen anyone fishing for squid!
Great pier for many other species though like snapper/salmons/flatties/gummies…😃
Same here. Fished there many times and never heard of anyone getting squid. Until last Wed when I was there and pulled up 3 pinkies. One 29cm and the others undersized.

3 dudes on the other side to me caught a squid. I couldn't believe it lol.

Anyhow came home and mentioned that to my old man. He said he used to catch squid there as well, back when the pier was longer. This was agess ago.
That’s interesting. I used to fish there a lot ages ago too. Well over 10 years ago now and caught heaps of fish off it but never once saw a squid caught and used to see many people fishing… good to know though 😃
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”