Campbell's cove this morning

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Campbell's cove this morning

Post by Sebb » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:21 pm

Not a bad morning in Campbell's cove. Plenty of action. Mostly undersized pinkies. Landed 5 legal sized, took 4 home for the family. Released all the undersized ofc.
A lot of fun on baitcast finesse. 1/8 jighead with slim swimz bad shad.

In case you're wondering, the smallest one is 28cm and the biggest is 33cm.

Also, does anyone know what these little white balls are? In the gut and spine blood line.
Either I never paid attention in the past or this is my first encounter.

Time fished: 6:15am-9:45am
Weather temp: 14-25°c
Wind: SW wind 7kmh turned to S wind 14kmh
Moon: 0% rise 6:14 set 20:33
Sun: first light 6:28 rise 6:55
Tide: peak high 4am 0.8m, low 9am 0.6m
Barometer: 1018 increasing, to 1021
Attachments
IMG20230220062901_compress85.jpg
IMG_20230220_161612_compress29.jpg
IMG_20230220_161640_compress43.jpg
IMG20230220070311_compress11.jpg
IMG20230220120532_compress11.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Re: Campbell's cove this morning

Post by Tim399 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:02 am

Sebb wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:21 pm
Not a bad morning in Campbell's cove. Plenty of action. Mostly undersized pinkies. Landed 5 legal sized, took 4 home for the family. Released all the undersized ofc.

Also, does anyone know what these little white balls are? In the gut and spine blood line.

Would’ve been a nice morning to be out.
Did you buy another kayak?
I’ve not noticed those white balls before, but I might not have paid attention to them either

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:49 am

Tim399 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:02 am
Sebb wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:21 pm

Would’ve been a nice morning to be out.
Did you buy another kayak?
I’ve not noticed those white balls before, but I might not have paid attention to them either
Yeah.
Sold the slayer 10 propel and bought viking profish35.
It was a nicd morning until the S wind got a bit stronger.

Tim399

Post by Tim399 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:22 pm

I’ve always liked the looks of the Viking kayaks. If I were to get another paddle yak I’d probably get something along those lines. Looking forward to your review on it

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:29 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:22 pm
I’ve always liked the looks of the Viking kayaks. If I were to get another paddle yak I’d probably get something along those lines. Looking forward to your review on it
This profish35 is nice and light. Small but not too small. Super stable. Not a raised seat kayak but I don't get back pain compared to when I was on Slayer 10. And this profish35 is lighter than slayer 10. Slightly though. Super stable.
The profishGT is awesome kayak.
I've only used it twice but I love it already. The two rod holders left and right are handy, and the two behind the seats ofc.
The front railblaza ports are good, a little too far for me to reach, but from the videos people put their rod holders upright and towards the rear, so they're reachable.
Love the massive flat central storage.
This profish35 doesn't have the built in flush for the transducer, so I still got to install scotty transducer and screen mount. Otherwise, other models lile profishGT, has the flush hole for transducer. So the whole thing is nice and neat inside the center storage. Bixpy motor be awesome to have too if you could afford it.

Tim399

Post by Tim399 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:11 pm

Sebb wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:29 pm
Tim399 wrote:
This profish35 is nice and light. Small but not too small. Super stable. Not a raised seat kayak but I don't get back pain compared to when I was on Slayer 10. And this profish35 is lighter than slayer 10. Slightly though. Super stable.
I've only used it twice but I love it already. The two rod holders left and right are handy, and the two behind the seats ofc.
The front railblaza ports are good, a little too far for me to reach, but from the videos people put their rod holders upright and towards the rear, so they're reachable.
This profish35 doesn't have the built in flush for the transducer, so I still got to install scotty transducer and screen mount. Otherwise, other models lile profishGT, has the flush hole for transducer. So the whole thing is nice and neat inside the center storage. Bixpy motor be awesome to have too if you could afford it.
Yeah nice, I’ll possibly end up getting something like this as my spare/holidays kayak. I currently have a 3.8m generic paddle yak (terrapin XL) for holidays, that was my first yak, but am interested in an upgrade. The PA is great, but way too heavy to car top when the caravan is in tow. I really like the centre storage pod design of the profish. Well done on a nice kayak, looking forward to seeing more trip reports from it :tu:

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:48 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:11 pm
Sebb wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:29 pm
Tim399 wrote:
Yeah nice, I’ll possibly end up getting something like this as my spare/holidays kayak. I currently have a 3.8m generic paddle yak (terrapin XL) for holidays, that was my first yak, but am interested in an upgrade. The PA is great, but way too heavy to car top when the caravan is in tow. I really like the centre storage pod design of the profish. Well done on a nice kayak, looking forward to seeing more trip reports from it :tu:
Yup. I like the center storage. Just throw everything in there. There's no need for other extras.
Yeah PA is way too heavy.
Brand new of this profish35 is about $1000, but get the in profishGT if you could, heavier and more expensive though, but better for more serious fishing. This profish35 is easier and simpler, and lighter.
The Ozzie is a nice little kayak for skinny water.

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”