Has liked: 6 times

Re: Non essential fish today.

Post by 4liters » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:47 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:43 pm
:bn:
frozenpod wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:26 pm

The grey area would be if you could go fishing in a fishing boat or yak.
Don’t know about the boat but it the yak would come under 1 of the other reasons exercise
And anyone that thinks different try tagging along well with me one day
You might get in strife if you take the missus out on the tandem though

2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm

Screenshot_20200331-214017_Facebook.jpg
Don't know how true or credible this is !!

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:50 am

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm

Please stop posting things that aren't 100% verified. It's this kind of stuff that spreads misinformation.

Cheers, Anth

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:57 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:50 am
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm

Please stop posting things that aren't 100% verified. It's this kind of stuff that spreads misinformation.

Cheers, Anth
Just to make it 100% credible credible enough mate.
why dont you call the number and see what they have to say for yourself.
i just did, and it goes to yarram police station, just like it says on the letterhead.
and YES they said you could be fined for breaching the rules.
The guy i spoke to said they have received many calls about this document at the station already!

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:06 am

Well the police understanding of the legislation is appears to be incorrect. Fishing is legal as confirmed by VFA accroding to VRfish although the updated post appears to cause further confusion.... and Tim Quilty elected member of the VIC state government.

"Please feel free to share this around to keep people informed.

To be clear – fishing and hunting are not actually banned by the COVID 19 restrictions, despite what the police may think. If you are doing it to provide for food and obtain exercise, and obeying the other social distancing rules, then you are within the law, and the police have no business bothering you."

https://www.facebook.com/TimQuiltyMLCNo ... FgwR2_01nQ

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 am

frozenpod wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:06 am
Well the police understanding of the legislation is appears to be incorrect. Fishing is legal as confirmed by VFA accroding to VRfish although the updated post appears to cause further confusion.... and Tim Quilty elected member of the VIC state government.

To be clear – fishing and hunting are not actually banned by the COVID 19 restrictions, despite what the police may think. If you are doing it to provide for food and obtain exercise, and obeying the other social distancing rules, then you are within the law, and the police have no business bothering you."

Whilst I agree whole heartedly with his sentiments, I’m not sure he is the sole guy that gets to make the laws or enforce them.

Tim Quilty for PM!

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:31 am

frozenpod wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:06 am

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding between what you can do, and can't do, with all these restrictions etc in place.
even the police officer i spoke to over the phone said that they are also only just being made aware of ALL the rules, but the document in question is Legit.
But at the end of the day id rather not have the inconvenience of arguing a fine in court at a later date.
Go fishing or hunting at your own risk.
The best thing to do in this situation is to STFAH

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am

Problem is food and water essential. I will have to go out to get protein and I would much rather do that by harvesting my own with zero interaction with anyone outside of my household compared with going to the supermarket. This is the safest way for my family and other members of the community.

skronkman

Post by skronkman » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:47 am

I also just got off the phone to Melbourne water police. I was told they are issuing fines to people on the water whether they abiding by social distancing laws or not. They also told me that fishing is not an approved activity to leave the house for and they will be issuing move on orders or fines for this also. I referred them to Tim Quilty’s page and asked them to follow up for clarity.

Illegal or not, I’m guessing that for practical purposes it isn’t worth the cost of the fine or the hassle of being forced off the water and potentially defending yourself in court at some future date. I’m no martyr. If it turns out that this isn’t actually illegal or was never legally enforceable (at some later date) then we will know what type of government regime we truly live under and it will not be one of just law but also one of coercion when convenient. Terrifying thought.

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:55 am

frozenpod wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am
Problem is food and water essential. I will have to go out to get protein and I would much rather do that by harvesting my own with zero interaction with anyone outside of my household compared with going to the supermarket. This is the safest way for my family and other members of the community.
Just a note last week we did 3 trips to the shops for meat normally it is 1 but many shops now have been putting a limit on how much you can buy
That’s 3 trips to the shops ok everyone is trying to distant but is is harder to distant from other people when you have to head to the same place

Now I normally fish now smaller of the 2 Melbourne bays Westernport is 470 sq Km it is a lot easier to distance from others there

It is also easier to get meat there ( fish ) than the shops atm
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”