Surprised

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Surprised

Post by Nude up » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:09 pm

I was in hoppers crossing today dropped my car off at ARB having a lift fitted. I had to pass quite a few hours so I went for a walk. 1st stop hooked on tackle 1 hour later off I wandered about 200 metres away I crossed over a creek not sure which one, like all fishermen I stopped to have a look a few birds water reasonably clear suddenly a big swirl of silt I keep looking there they were carp big ones and quite a few off them.
I was really surprised that this urban creek had such big carp in it. I have driven down old Geelong rd many times and never new.

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Re: Surprised

Post by Seniorfisho » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Nude up wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:09 pm
I was in hoppers crossing today dropped my car off at ARB having a lift fitted. I had to pass quite a few hours so I went for a walk. 1st stop hooked on tackle 1 hour later off I wandered about 200 metres away I crossed over a creek not sure which one, like all fishermen I stopped to have a look a few birds water reasonably clear suddenly a big swirl of silt I keep looking there they were carp big ones and quite a few off them.
I was really surprised that this urban creek had such big carp in it. I have driven down old Geelong rd many times and never new.
There are definately carp in there right along behind Anaconda and beyond, there is even the odd Redfin in there

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:12 pm

I found a carpy little creek that wouldn't have been more than a foot deep and in most places I could touch the opposite bank with the rod tip. Great fun but you had to be super stealthy as they spooked easily.

Anyway, after that I think I'd be more surprised to find a muddy coloured waterway that didn't have carp
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:23 pm

Lol that’s true

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:39 am

Wow that is a surprise, I remember a similar thing happened to me when I was at Daylesford lake and behind the man made water fall area was a small little bridge no bigger than 3 meters long and under that bridge I spotted a massive carp prob over a meter long and really fat belly. How it got there I have no idea but the stream was way too small for it to travel elsewhere. Also plenty redfin there.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:13 am

4liters wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:12 pm
I found a carpy little creek that wouldn't have been more than a foot deep and in most places I could touch the opposite bank with the rod tip. Great fun but you had to be super stealthy as they spooked easily.

Anyway, after that I think I'd be more surprised to find a muddy coloured waterway that didn't have carp
Yeah literally every creek, dam, lake and wetland around town has carp and eels in it

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:57 am

Interesting! Nice find. Definitely would have been a surprise!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:13 pm

Everybody knows that creek is the sure fire,never miss,allways catch a whopper ,every time you go there.

I'm not surprised you went to that spot last on your walk

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:08 am

I pulled a 80 ish out of a puddle in dandenong creek that you could almost jump accross.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”