Werribee South Ting 9/1/2020

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Werribee South Ting 9/1/2020

Post by Robbie1950 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:21 pm

After hearing many reports of ting being caught around the Altona area I decided it was time to take a crack and see what all the fuss was about.

I headed out on Wednesday around Altona and Point Cook in search but came up with donuts. I changed numerous spot, burleyed hard and also made sure I was fishing the change of tide. None of this seemed to help me, if I didn't know any better I would have thought the reports were false.

After the crappy day I had I decided that the following day I would take a crack at a trusty mark I have at the Wedge. I anchored up on the mark at around 6.45am. First things first, threw overboard my burley cage full of seas peas and set up 2 rods. One with a Black Magic KL1 circle hook and another with a bait holder both on paternoster setups. Not long after I landed a couple of good size tings. It went quiet for a half hour until the end of low tide when things started to go ballistic.

I have always found whiting fishing to be at its best just after a low tide. This case was no different with me easily bagging out in a total of 2.5 hours.

Definitely a fun day out and a nice change from siting around waiting for a rod top buckle after the tough snapper season we've had.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Werribee South Ting 9/1/2020

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:33 pm

Nicely done mate. great bag of whiting.
ill have to invest some more time into these fish and start to chase them soon.
thanks for the report
cheers

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:34 pm

Awesome bag mate! The wedge is definitely a top spot for the tings :tu: nice work. You have a big feed there :)

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Smashed it.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Robbie1950

Post by Robbie1950 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:17 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:33 pm
Nicely done mate. great bag of whiting.
ill have to invest some more time into these fish and start to chase them soon.
thanks for the report
cheers
Thanks mate!

You need to get onto them, they are a shitload of fun. Pound for pound they have to be one of the hardest going fish in the bay. The bonus of course is how delicious they are!

I just cooked up yesterdays catch. Yummo! :tu:

Kestrel
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Kestrel » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:52 pm

Robbie1950 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:21 pm
After hearing many reports of ting being caught around the Altona area I decided it was time to take a crack and see what all the fuss was about.

I headed out on Wednesday around Altona and Point Cook in search but came up with donuts. I changed numerous spot, burleyed hard and also made sure I was fishing the change of tide. None of this seemed to help me, if I didn't know any better I would have thought the reports were false.

After the crappy day I had I decided that the following day I would take a crack at a trusty mark I have at the Wedge. I anchored up on the mark at around 6.45am. First things first, threw overboard my burley cage full of seas peas and set up 2 rods. One with a Black Magic KL1 circle hook and another with a bait holder both on paternoster setups. Not long after I landed a couple of good size tings. It went quiet for a half hour until the end of low tide when things started to go ballistic.

I have always found whiting fishing to be at its best just after a low tide. This case was no different with me easily bagging out in a total of 2.5 hours.

Definitely a fun day out and a nice change from siting around waiting for a rod top buckle after the tough snapper season we've had.

Nice work! Well done... but what are the ‘seas peas’ you use for burley. 😎

Robbie1950

Post by Robbie1950 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Kestrel wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:52 pm
Robbie1950 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:21 pm

Definitely a fun day out and a nice change from siting around waiting for a rod top buckle after the tough snapper season we've had
Nice work! Well done... but what are the ‘seas peas’ you use for burley. 😎
They are burley pallets that V Tackle in Derrimut make. A 15kg drum costs $35. Thats top value IMO and they work a treat on all species.

Kestrel
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Kestrel » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:45 pm

Great... I’ll grab some! Whatever works huh!
Thanks
Kestrel

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:42 am

Mate uses green peas..
I use v pallets , chicken pellets around 20$ for 20 kg n spray them with tuna oil.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Robbie1950

Post by Robbie1950 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:26 am

bowl wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:42 am
Mate uses green peas..
I use v pallets , chicken pellets around 20$ for 20 kg n spray them with tuna oil.
Where do you buy the chicken pallets from? I tried getting my hands on some not long ago but couldn’t find them at any of the pet stores.

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”