Any squid landbased spot around here?

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Any squid landbased spot around here?

Post by dazz999 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:44 pm

Catchsomething wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:02 pm
Guys, went there today at 6:30am. No luck. The pier is closed behind the marina. In theory, you could go through using the rocks as a passage but I am not sure about potential fines. In a 1:30 minutes session, I have probably counted 100 swimmers.
Well the sign does,nt say trespassers will be prosecuted just say,s keep out so i just go around on the rock,s the only safety problem i can see is where they pulled out the rails on the bend and just left them on the ground and maybe just maybe some of the concrete slabs on the mend might be faulty be if so why would,nt have they ordered the slabs for there when they replaced some slabs on the main pier but anyway been catching some good fat 40cm flatty,s

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:06 pm

e.welch wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:28 pm
Andrews wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:22 pm
e.welch wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:00 am
Catchsomething wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:31 am
Hey guys, any update on this list? Are Mordialloc pier, Beaumaris pier and Brighton pier the best bets?
Depends how far up the peninsula you are willing to go give it a week and the squid will be at Mornington in numbers and IMO that’s the best place for squid use red 2.5 jigs and if it’s a hot day fish the lower ledge on the inside but if it’s a colder overcast day fish shallower
Makes me wonder where they are at the moment, because they're definitely not at St Leonards either haha
Pretty much all the squid caught start of Dec had eggs, I reckon end of this month should be awesome.
Idk it was really good for a week and now there’s nearly nothing anymore we shall have to see landbased the whiting have been slow at a secret spot landbased where at this time of year usually I would be bagging out and there’s none really my friend recons the water is to hot for them
I couldn't agree more, start of December we had a great run of smaller ~25cm hoods, caught 40 squid from the 1st to the 15th. Then right before the holidays they pretty much disappeared, could just be a mix of the pier being over-fished, too active, who knows.
We've been getting a few nice flathead though!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Catchsomething

Post by Catchsomething » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:27 am

dazz999 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:44 pm
Catchsomething wrote:
Guys, went there today at 6:30am. No luck. The pier is closed behind the marina. In theory, you could go through using the rocks as a passage but I am not sure about potential fines. In a 1:30 minutes session, I have probably counted 100 swimmers.
Well the sign does,nt say trespassers will be prosecuted just say,s keep out so i just go around on the rock,s the only safety problem i can see is where they pulled out the rails on the bend and just left them on the ground and maybe just maybe some of the concrete slabs on the mend might be faulty be if so why would,nt have they ordered the slabs for there when they replaced some slabs on the main pier but anyway been catching some good fat 40cm flatty,s
It looks like they are going to redesign the whole structure shed included, I would say another 1/2 years at least. Did you have any luck there?

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:50 pm

Catchsomething wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:27 am
dazz999 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:44 pm
Catchsomething wrote:
It looks like they are going to redesign the whole structure shed included, I would say another 1/2 years at least. Did you have any luck there?
Yes mate being catching Flathead before they closed it approx 2 year,s was catching alot of them mostly 38cm good fish on shimano pumkin seed wriggler,s now been catching consistant 40cm but fat Flathead on zman Mood ring curly tail same as a wriggler pattern

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”