Unplanned fishing session at Albert Park EP and Yarra bream

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Unplanned fishing session at Albert Park EP and Yarra bream

Post by dazz999 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:13 pm

Nice report Seb i have know idea on these type,s of hardbody lure,s anyway picked up a ecogear sx 40f color 338 would that be something you would use in snaggy place,s what,s the difference between the sx and mx do you just use a slow roll action with pause,s Thank,s Dazz

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:27 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:13 pm
Nice report Seb i have know idea on these type,s of hardbody lure,s anyway picked up a ecogear sx 40f color 338 would that be something you would use in snaggy place,s what,s the difference between the sx and mx do you just use a slow roll action with pause,s Thank,s Dazz
SX is shad shape, round belly near the head, dive deeper than MX. MX is minnow body and shallower dive.

The F in the sx40f means floating isn't it? Then yes a constant slow roll usually works. I like the original suspending as it doesn't float right up when I pause (this is usually when they hit). MX is also suspending.

I use sx40 for EP, bass and bream, also redfin. Casting to structures and trolling on the egde of structures.
For Albert Park though, you can use it to fish the gap between the edge and when the weed starts, but not amongst the weed as the weed in Albert Park is almost all the way to thr top. In this case MX is better to fish the weed or any floating shallow dive hardbodies. 2-3in seems to be ideal.

I normally use MX for trout in small shallow rivers.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:13 pm

Question on hardbody lures would a 75mm daiwa izm double clutch be good to use in 3 to 4ft of water with a high rod tip action

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:03 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:13 pm
Question on hardbody lures would a 75mm daiwa izm double clutch be good to use in 3 to 4ft of water with a high rod tip action
It's a great lure. Dives up to 1.5m i think. So yeah, keep the rod tip up high, will keep the lure to dive to 3-4ft is possible, careful as it gets close to you/bank/shallow though. No issue if you're already on 3-4ft water ofc (e.g. on kayak/boat/wade).

Depends what you target, where the fish are in the water level and where you fish (weedy or not, etc), generally the deepest lure I'd use/put is about 0.5-1m off the bottom. So if you're fishing 3-4ft, so maybe look for a lure that dives to 2-3ft or 0.5m-0.8m.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”