Yarra/docklands report 08/02/2020

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Sammy123
Has liked: 40 times

Re: Yarra/docklands report 08/02/2020

Post by Sammy123 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:32 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:10 am
Yarra Docklands bream on lure makes me feel like an idiot.
After reading this report, I went there this morning 6am-8am. Not even a single tap.
4lb fluorocarbon 8ft leader, 6lb braid, $300 rod reel, zman grub, ecogear, atomic, slow roll, hop hop, pause, super slow, twitch, top, bottom, mid, early morning, late afternoon .... you name it all. They all mean nothing.
Lost so many bream lures and to the point I can't afford getting (and losing) more.
I reckon I did like 15-20 trips there in the last 2 years or so, no bream caught on lure.
Sammy or any yarra/dock bream master here, I'd appreciate it to take me fishing and show me the tricks. I'll buy you a coffee or a beer, whichever you like. I just want one yarra/dock bream on lure!
Bream can be tricky buggers for sure, let me know next time your planning on going, i'd be happy to join you if i'm free :tu:

Sammy123

Post by Sammy123 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 pm

hanboy wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:23 pm
Nice report and great bream! I think I actually saw you crossing the road near the Crowne Plaza hotel Saturday arvo! That stretch has had very clear water lately (comparatively at least).
yeah I went the other day and actually managed to sight fish a few in the yarra, probably the clearest I've seen it

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:46 pm

Finally got a yarra bream on a plastic!
Went for a quick one hour fishing before work (again).
I made a homemade scent and soaked the zman grub 2in and marukyu crab overnight.
First cast with the marukyu crab, snagged and lost it.
Then changed to the grub. Got a lot of interested bream, a lot of taps. One time there was a small bream (around 15cm) followed the plastic and kept tapping the tail about 4-5 times all the way to the surface. Unsure if it was the homemade scent or I was just at the right place and the right time.

Following Sammy's, I was slow rolling on the bottom and a loooooong pause. Tapped it on the pause. Then felt a decent tap, stroke, and I was on. 32cm bream.
Only one fish hooked and landed, but a fish is a fish. Especially the one I've been struggling with, metro bream! (I can almost guarantee, bream everywhere else is much easier to get on lures).
Attachments
rps20200215_164531.jpg
rps20200215_164556.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Sammy123

Post by Sammy123 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:54 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:46 pm
Finally got a yarra bream on a plastic!
Went for a quick one hour fishing before work (again).
I made a homemade scent and soaked the zman grub 2in and marukyu crab overnight.
First cast with the marukyu crab, snagged and lost it.
Then changed to the grub. Got a lot of interested bream, a lot of taps. One time there was a small bream (around 15cm) followed the plastic and kept tapping the tail about 4-5 times all the way to the surface. Unsure if it was the homemade scent or I was just at the right place and the right time.

Following Sammy's, I was slow rolling on the bottom and a loooooong pause. Tapped it on the pause. Then felt a decent tap, stroke, and I was on. 32cm bream.
Only one fish hooked and landed, but a fish is a fish. Especially the one I've been struggling with, metro bream! (I can almost guarantee, bream everywhere else is much easier to get on lures).
Good onya mate :gj: the more you catch them the more you'll start to understand them, stick with it and I'm sure there'll be plenty more to come :)

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:08 pm

Sammy123 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:54 pm
Good onya mate :gj: the more you catch them the more you'll start to understand them, stick with it and I'm sure there'll be plenty more to come :)
Thanks bud.
I think what I did, i slow rolled it like suuuuper slow.
I thought all these years I did really slow but not slow enough apparently.

So in the morning, I tested the grub and the jig head first to get the right sink rate. Slow enough but fast enough for the tail to wiggle.
Then in the shallow, slow rolled it, enough movement to get some attention but not spooking them.

But again, I could be in the right place at the right time.
Either way, I caught a metro bream!
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”