Need warmies fishing tips.

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Need warmies fishing tips.

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:45 pm

Thank you in advance. Also I know, I bit annoying to you guy about asking questions. However I never been in warmies. So I need advice.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Need warmies fishing tips.

Post by hornet » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:56 pm

He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:45 pm
Thank you in advance. Also I know, I bit annoying to you guy about asking questions. However I never been in warmies. So I need advice.
With all due respect mate, Please use the search button before you make a post next time.(same goes to E.welch)
almost all the Topics you both have posted about since having joined have been covered in detail previously.
if you cannot find what your looking for there, then post a topic asking your questions.
cheers

Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Expomnowcon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:05 pm

When I try new spots - which is quite a lot as I have only lived here around a year, I always look on historical posts on here about the location, ideally around the same time of year and look at baits/rigs used etc. Then I check it out on google maps and look for features and kind of familiarise myself with the layout. Then I'll look at youtube videos to see exactly where people are catching and what they were catching. THEN I'll actually go there and try to work it out myself and do it my own way but then if I need to, fall back on what worked for other people.

Let me tell you mate, being that thorough and trying to work it out myself has landed me many, many, many pb doughnuts. (joke, I do ok haha)

Use light jig heads with your lures and squid for bait you'll probably catch something. Free parking there. If the waters pumping it will be too ridiculously busy. If someone catches an ok snapper it'll be really busy for the next couple of weeks after that. You can catch tailor, the odd jewie, mullet, flatties, pinkies, the odd snapper and I learnt in the last week the odd gummy! Debatable if the fish should be eaten from there. That's pretty much all you need to know/would find out from reading old forums. Good luck

j_pap

Post by j_pap » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Heres a tip, go somewhere else haha

Sebb
Has liked: 3007 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:08 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:40 pm
Jasonfish1234 wrote:
With all due respect mate, Please use the search button before you make a post next time.(same goes to E.welch)
almost all the Topics you both have posted about since having joined have been covered in detail previously.
if you cannot find what your looking for there, then post a topic asking your questions.
cheers
:thumbsup:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

longcaster98
Has liked: 2 times

Post by longcaster98 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Hey man,

Never been to the warmies, however i have heard from a few mates that there are tailor around that have a high chance of biting you off, so basically go with a high strain fluorocarbon leader. One more thing, I have been on this forum for 3 days now and I can tell you’ve made quite a few forums which other previous forums already have very detailed information worth taking a look at, but that doesn’t mean don’t ask questions that haven’t yet been answered!

Good luck at the warmies!

Sebb
Has liked: 3007 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:17 pm

No better teacher than experience it yourself.
You know some rigs etc, then all you need is to go out there and try.
Trial and error is the best experience and teacher.
Dont cut corners and expect people will give you the golden advice.

I'm telling you, if I or anyone know the golden secret to always catch fish, I or that person would have been the richest person in the world.

With all due respect. Please do some research on your own rather than just asking the same topics already covered. Then go out there and try.
Fishing is all about trying. Asking questions wont get you fish. You get fish by putting bait on hook and into the water.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”