Back in the game!

Everything about bream
Irishfisherman
Has liked: 237 times

Back in the game!

Post by Irishfisherman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:03 pm

Managed a little session this afternoon on the kayak, in a local creek. The target species were bream and mullet, although given how long it had been since I had last been fishing, I wasn’t too fussed. So I set off down the creek to my normal spot, soon noticing an unfamiliar fatigue in my lockdown accustomed shoulder muscles. Undeterred, I continued, until I reached the spot. I chucked on a few hastily dug worms, as well as a float setup with raw chicken. I soon noticed my float had submerged, and after setting the hook I felt the familiar writhing lunges of an eel. Not ideal, but it sure felt good to have a fish on again. After releasing the eel it took some time to get even a nibble, and other than a toadfish it was really quiet. But as expected, once the sun dropped I soon noticed some subtle nibbles on the worm rod, they were very hesitant but after some patience and frustration I managed to hook one. A small but healthy bream. A little relieved and satisfied, I persisted and just as I was packing up I managed a reasonably sized bream; around 30cm. Now content and freezing I headed home, eagerly anticipating my next session.
Attachments
65A86C7A-3B9D-4C57-8263-8E60E94DF143.jpeg
CC4BA79F-C155-4F8B-A694-E7557BFA934B.jpeg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Back in the game!

Post by Lightningx » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:43 am

Not a bad little session mate.
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Bream Fishing”