Security guards and fishing

Everything about bream
denis barden

Re: Security guards and fishing

Post by denis barden » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:02 pm

You could be correct but you might not be
Did you ring the authorities before going past the sign?
Was that the 1st time going past the signs?

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:11 pm

denis barden wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:02 pm
You could be correct but you might not be
Did you ring the authorities before going past the sign?
Was that the 1st time going past the signs?
I have seen the sign in the past and checked that it wasn't factual. Same as the sign on the blairgowrie pier claiming that there is a marine park on one side of the pier when there isn't.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Way to go Denis :tu:

The replies about the "Guard's" (Self appointed or not) bad behaviour , , , , I agree with you.

Also, claiming "authority" if he actually doesn't, then the bloke could have approached it from that stand point, with diplomacy. And yes, report that behaviour to the relevant Authorities, which includes the "Marina" people.

And again, I totally agree with you about challenging the "legalities".

Here in SA, we have Westlakes. A large man-made waterway, lake , , , , large investment for primarily residential frontage with parks, beaches and other public access areas. There are numerous fishing restrictions and fishing restricted areas , , , , be them Government, Council or Strata/Community facilitated. Works well most of the time, as it accommodates the resident's rights to peace as well.

We wouldn't like different groups of cars in front of our place of residence with the car occupants "hanging about" most days or nights , even if they were legally allowed to, , , , so it is nice to give that same courtesy to the lake's residents.

Like I said, works well most of the time.

Plus, with Westlakes, I can fish equally bad in any location, so no need to show the residents my ineptitude at fishing :-D

Regards, Bugs

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:38 pm

At the end of the day Melbourne Water manages the Patterson lakes waterways and it clearly states on their website that fishing is allowed.
https://www.melbournewater.com.au/about ... nformation
Also further to this I think Alex should contact the water police and report the security guard because what he did was illegal.
https://www.melbournewater.com.au/about ... nd-boating
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:43 pm

denis barden wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:09 pm
I have a real problem with the replies to this post.
Im in my later years and always follow the law-Be it right or wrong
Most of the replies are against the security guy in the boat -OK
If a sign sais -No fishing,5klm zone,40 klm road signs,no hunting or no tresspassing -do you say -Stick the sign ill do what I like.
It doesnt matter if the sign is correct or not -You follow the rules of the signs and law-
If its incorrect ,there is a process to go thru
The people whom said stick the sign and security guy -Only carrying out his job-are not fair dimkin
Ok Im now ready to hear the replies of the non conformists
Refer to crappy edited picture. Area circled in red is the out of bounds no fishing area owned (or long term leased) by the Patterson Lakes Marina, the company said "security" (who is just the bloke who gets boats out of the marinas dry stack storage) works for. That's the ONLY area where water based use is restricted within the whole Patterson Lakes precinct. The whole development was only approved because on water access and use was NOT restricted anywhere but that marina precinct. Alex was within the white circled area, an area where NO restrictions other than safety regulations exist for water craft.

What you're wanting, is everyones bends over backwards to satisfy a couple of people's egos in the unlawful restriction of others. It's no different to me dumping a while heap of bouys in the water encasing the Bellarines whiting grounds, placing signs at all ramps claiming whiting can only be caught by hand whilst only wearing a g string then rocking up in my boat screaming and shouting at you for using a rod and reel....
Attachments
Screenshot_20200608-142708_Maps.jpg

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:43 pm

If you knew the sign was there why didn't you contact the authorities before fishing?
If the authorities said the sign was not authorized -Im sure they would have removed it
If im walking thru the Otways and I come across a sign that sais dont go past this point ,Do I stop and go back or say stuff the sign and proceed?

cobby

Post by cobby » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:50 pm

denis barden wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:43 pm
If you knew the sign was there why didn't you contact the authorities before fishing?
If the authorities said the sign was not authorized -Im sure they would have removed it
If im walking thru the Otways and I come across a sign that sais dont go past this point ,Do I stop and go back or say stuff the sign and proceed?
The signs are on private property....

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:57 pm

The signs are there why not contact the owners for the removal of them?
Plenty of signs on private property -Dont Trespass so do you and others trespass?

cobby

Post by cobby » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:05 pm

denis barden wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:57 pm
The signs are there why not contact the owners for the removal of them?
Plenty of signs on private property -Dont Trespass so do you and others trespass?
**** me we're going in circles over nothing but fictional semantics Denis. The only person who broke any rules or laws (multiple) was the Patterson Lakes Marina employee. That's the start of it, and it's the end of it.

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:12 pm

mazman wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:54 pm
I can put up a sign in a park saying no beards, that doesn't mean that people with beards aren't allowed to go there
Put a sign on the side of your kayak saying "Fishing Allowed Here." Problem solved.

Return to “Bream Fishing”