Security guards and fishing

Everything about bream
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Security guards and fishing

Post by rb85 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:15 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:07 pm
They don't own the water you are well within your right to fish there. This bloke is just being a smartarse you kept your cool mate :tu:
How would you have dealt with him boony
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:16 pm

4liters wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:47 pm
Just organise a metro bream yak fisho meetup and completely flood the place in kayaks
I’ll join

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Tue May 19, 2020 8:18 pm

Patterson River Canals Frank, I went in there once with a tinnie and got hunted, didn,t know enough at the time to argue.
Still not sure if it,s law but we see plenty of reports about big Bream in there.
Must be someone on this forum who can spell it out for us.
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue May 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Send a strongly worded email with a link to the video to info@pattersonlakesmarina.com.au as they'll be the registered owners of the boat. Add some mayo to it saying you genuinely felt for your safety and was left shaking for a while after the encounter. Point out that the area in question is subject to Melbourne Water control and employees of the marina have no authorisation to implement fake signage or enforce said fake regulations. Throw in that the police have been contacted with footage of the dangerous and illegal manoeuvre that clearly displays the boats registration and add that if such an incident occurs again impeding your legal pursuit you'll have no choice but to fish the area with others who will kindly take matters into their own hands.

Personally, I would've thrown a few expletives back, packed up, paddled into the marina and walked straight to their office go pro in hand

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue May 19, 2020 8:27 pm

Blue wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:18 pm
Patterson River Canals Frank, I went in there once with a tinnie and got hunted, didn,t know enough at the time to argue.
Still not sure if it,s law but we see plenty of reports about big Bream in there.
Must be someone on this forum who can spell it out for us.
Blue
The whole development is controlled by Melbourne Water boat ramps and all. The marina which is through the middle flood gate is either owned or leased by the marina which is why that area is specifically off limits for fishing. The main river, the housing canal system Alex was in (first flood gate) and the housing canal system around the Gladesville Blvd shops through the third flood gate are public access and only subject to stock standard marine safety regulations issued by transport safety victoria and fishing is perfectly legal to do within the whole system by boat. The only no nos are land above the high water mark, jetties and boats as they are privately owned

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Tue May 19, 2020 8:36 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:41 pm
smokin_reels wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:42 pm
Especially on a kayak its pretty scary when you get by water like that. Disgraceful behaviour
Were you in the backround red yak?
No rb, I wasn’t. That was another one Alex’s mates.

I’d have yelled my head off if I was around . Alex is a more patient person than me
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue May 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Be fair game if 100 or so yaks and boats rocked up this coming weekend and had a social fish in there..

im fairly sure a hobie kayak comp was held in there a while back

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:54 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:36 pm
rb85 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:41 pm
smokin_reels wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:42 pm
Especially on a kayak its pretty scary when you get by water like that. Disgraceful behaviour
Were you in the backround red yak?
No rb, I wasn’t. That was another one Alex’s mates.

I’d have yelled my head off if I was around . Alex is a more patient person than me
Alex handled it well.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Tue May 19, 2020 9:21 pm

That wanker is getting paid cash by the locals to try and stand over fisherman, just dob him in

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue May 19, 2020 10:04 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys, I posted this up and went for a fish and it has taken off in a big way.

I have had informal confirmation from many people that fishing is legal in this section of Patterson lakes and have no intention to stop fishing here. Tomorrow I will seek formal confirmation and contact the relevant authorities (although I believe this may have been done on my behalf already)

For anyone interested this was filmed between Mcleod road (the bridge I pedal under at the end) and the floodgate.

Caught this fella just before he approached us, first fish on the twitch freak and I am suitably impressed with the rod
20200513_085720 edit.jpg
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Bream Fishing”